High Tide Aquatics

65 gallon tank

Nice cat :). Amazing what skills reefers have to possess, being a plumber is just one example. Great that you took on to learn to do this. I would not have the patience or trust in my abilities to do this properly.

Thanks, thats my Boy we also have 4 female csts.

I definitely don't lmao, I have enough sense not to actually glue anything together without the experts ok. I figure worse case i may need to order more pipe if I blow it. The more expensive stuff was the unions, adapters and the gate valve.heck If I guess right I should have over 1/3 of what I need to cover my screw ups lol. Yet I'm trying to learn so I should have a fun weekend ahead if I get the time to play with things.

next time if you want buy plumbing under budget, get pvc from HDX and just buy one expensive gate valve. you could save half the cost. ( that's if you dont care about the looks... some people hates white PVC )

next time if you want buy plumbing under budget, get pvc from HDX and just buy one expensive gate valve. you could save half the cost. ( that's if you dont care about the looks... some people hates white PVC )
I wanted the colored pvc, otherwise home depot is less than a mile from me.

I had to talk myself out of green, yellow and purple.

So breif update here.

I also included pictures of a dosing pump I was able to buy from someone on Facebook. (No idea what to do with it next, but I figured it will be better than the hand dosing afr I’ve been doing so far in the 32 cube)

Another picture is of a bubble magus curve 5, I was gifted by a generous club member.

I was also able to purchase a mp 40 from another member for this tank. Will possibly be looking for a second mp40 in the future if it appears needed once the tank is running.

I called myself attempting to figure out the drain and emergency drain line plumbing with pvc. Pictures included

I didn't actually glue anything together- only dry fit it.

The actual return side is still above my head. I wouldn't wanna waste pipes trying to play with it not having more of a precise idea of what the end configuration is suppose to look like.

As far as the drains, I was able to put two unions into place, however On the main drain line I wasn't able to put that union vertical like the emergency drain union.
This was largely due to a major lack of space to be able to turn the union vertical and still have enough room for the elbows to connect into the sump section.

I of course won't glue anything until the expert gives his approval. @Srt4eric This was my attempt to do something beyond sit on my hands and pass infront of the tank on my way to and from work.

Over all plans for this tank is to be sps dominated.

I look forward to any feedback/imput.
Is what I attempt to do sufficent?
Does it have any potential issues?
Is there any changes I should implement?

Attachments

• 20240420_191306.jpg
    20240420_191306.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240420_191245.jpg
    20240420_191245.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240420_185257.jpg
    20240420_185257.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240420_185215.jpg
    20240420_185215.jpg