Our mission

Acan lord Edition (No coral name)

It is close but I don't think it is ready for 2 frags yet. It now looks almost exactly like my Acan't Believe its not butter Acan. I will try to post a pic up this weekend. Why don't you come and visit it for better perspective?

I think that orangish look is more a function of me holding the frag super close to the surface and it being hit with much more "blue" than normal causing fluorescence.

Here's a picture of the colony I just snapped, unfortunately it's a side view with not much detail inside, the larger frag has a more yellow/lime green center with a hint of orange, the smaller ones definitely have orange. Halides just went off so no top-down photo.

the side right heads have the orange yellow. The left side heads have none of that color. Mine look like the left ones.

Ok Mike here it is. Up to 5 heads now so as I said very close.

4-4-09-5.jpg

4-4-09-3.jpg

BTW yes that is the AS swap chalice next to it.

Wow looks nice, but I see what you mean about the center losing its color. I can only attribute that to lighting I guess, as mine still has it. Either way good job, oh and I will come visit to see your tank regardless, I may not of helped move it but I still want to see :D However I know you being an account and all with tax time probably are quite busy.

There is definately a little more green in the mouth that I couldn't really capture but it did lose some of its orange.

Just got over the big hump. Still busy but I actually should be getting home at a normal hour now. So whenever you want.

I'll try to snap a pic from the top, I really need to move it to a rock (currently its sitting on the tank bottom), because it's getting that little habit of having babies around the base and I've not yet witness an acan lord that encrusts on acrylic. (I have 2 colonies for a couple years now that shows that point off nicely as they too have taken up residence on the bottom of the tank).

*sigh* this website is cheesing me off...

ok snarky comments removed since this is the 3rd time I've tried to post it.

Synopsis, my polyps aren't as fat, hence look whiter, mouth area still is green/yellow however.

Fragged it up today. As per the requirements I have 3 one polypd frags ready to go on this one. Preference will go to those who already requested.

Pickup in Burlingame or at May BOD meeting.

Mike if it ok with you I am going to take the return requirement down to 2 for 2nd gen since there will be 3 frags going out.

Here are the frags

Frags.jpg

Frags-6.jpg

Back