Kessil

Acclimation Guidance

Blaise006

Supporting Member
Currently have an achillies that is in an acclimation box since Thursday morning. It didn’t handle shipping well at all. It is in the left side acclimation box.

Thursday

0C9FFECD-AFA6-4D0B-B648-789F520BAA1B.jpeg

Friday morning is nibble gently on some
Mysis, but it largely ignored most of it.

Saturday morning, at best it ate two pieces of mysis. I added nori and brine shrimp, and ignored those as well.

Picture as of sat.

13FA129C-93DC-4A43-9502-8E6233B09BDD.jpeg

Looks much better than Thursday, but not eating as well as I would like.

I’m torn on whether it is not eatting because of cramped in an acclimation box, or if it is just going on hungry strike and I am SOL.

Would you keep it in the acclimation box until eating or let it out?

What color is its poop? Is it white and stringy? Does it’s stomach look skinny and sucked in?

I currently have an Achilles in QT and it’s not eating either. Nibbles on nori a bit but doesn’t seem to have an appetite much.

Also in my experience the Powder Blue tang is really aggressive. If the Achilles isn’t eating I wouldn’t release them both at the same time.

Maybe try a bigger critter keeper container. That hang on acclimation box looks a bit small for a tang.

What color is its poop? Is it white and stringy? Does it’s stomach look skinny and sucked in?

I currently have an Achilles in QT and it’s not eating either. Nibbles on nori a bit but doesn’t seem to have an appetite much.

Also in my experience the Powder Blue tang is really aggressive. If the Achilles isn’t eating I wouldn’t release them both at the same time.

Maybe try a bigger critter keeper container. That hang on acclimation box looks a bit small for a tang.
No signs of worms. Feces are fine and stomach isn’t compressed.

Fish was treated for parasites and worms in WT prior to putting her in the acclimation box.

Back