High Tide Aquatics

Alex’s IM 150 EXT

Shouldn't have much of a cycle at all since they ship in water overnight. This isn't live rock of the old days. I threw mine in directly into a nano with just live sand and fish with no issue.

The one thing you'll want to watch out for are hitchhikers. Definitely can end up with some big crabs or mantis so just observe. I had a few super tiny pistols that are harmless. Maybe the size of a mysis.
PXL_20231103_024723464.MP.jpg

I find 10% to be a waste of time
think of a fart in an elevator…. If you change 10% of the air…
I do at least 25-30% to have a real impact to dilute the pollution

I'd rather not think of this scenario, but thanks for the analogy :). I was under the assumption that daily (small) water changes would be best? So, is weekly 10% better than 20% bi-weekly?

Last edited:
Ok, I need to rant about Tampa Bay Saltwater and how I am disappointed about them. The live rock arrived this morning at 11 am, I tried to pick this up after work at 8 pm from Oakland Southwest Cargo. They open until 11 pm. Unfortunately, the Inspector from the Department of Agriculture only comes once daily before 11 am, so the rock cannot be released until tomorrow. I drove in heavy traffic back and forth for nothing.

Ok, I need to rant about Tampa Bay Saltwater and how I am disappointed about them. The live rock arrived this morning at 11 am, I tried to pick this up after work at 8 pm from Oakland Southwest Cargo. They open until 11 pm. Unfortunately, the Inspector from the Department of Agriculture only comes once daily before 11 am, so the rock cannot be released until tomorrow. I drove in heavy traffic back and forth for nothing.
Rude and wrong!
my sympathies

There's only so many flights, and they cannot (vendor, TBS) ask for what flight its on unless they pay a NFG fee, which would be passed onto you. IIRC its about double the price,

Bleh that sucks. More of an issue with Oakland airport really though. The SFO Southwest terminal is definitely a lot better and what @Coral2Coral used for our shipment

Back