Our mission

Anemone moving

For the last 2 or 3 weeks my anemone won't stay in one spot. I've tested the water, done 3 water changes and nothing is making it happy. This morning I woke up and it was caught in the overflow. I got it out (well, I turned off the pump and it came out on it's own). I thought that it was on here that I saw something about putting it in a PVC pipe so it can't move. Is that right? Why do you think it's moving so much? It sat in the same spot for 3 months just fine.

From what I've heard, usually about 6 months to be sure and it'll probably stay there. But there's always exceptions.

If its an RBTA, then they tend to move around a lot till they find the spot the feel most happy at...

sometimes its the lighting, water current and and a specific place where they can feel safe about stuffing their tube/feet into a cave.

Mine move when I do big water changes or change the current of the powerheads.. I try to feed them constantly to make them feel at home and not want to have the urge of moving to a new home. But one way or the other they will still move.. I've finally gave up and now have them in a 20 gallon.. I had 6 of them in a 20. some already sold but have another one that just split again..

Back