Jestersix

Anna & Pablo’s RSR P650

Now that I have a 20g pressurized RO tank, I was able to get rid of my ATO reservoir. All of this came out of my cabinet:

4B869D32-CD61-469C-8AF0-EB29F4CF725F.jpeg

And was replaced by this
880E56EF-8782-4554-AA19-02257BEA3949.jpeg

Now, I have the space to tackle this:
1A6EAE85-C99E-4FB3-8279-2FECF9E95536.jpeg

Since our well is struggling to keep up with our water consumption I decided to repurpose the XP Aqua Flood Guardian that was being used to refill my ATO reservoir.

Now, I hooked it up to the waste water line from the RO system and into a water jug. So, when the Smart Buddie switches on (automatically at 1am) so does the flood guardian - and we collect the night’s waste water for our plants.

D0DA8ABC-DACB-4DA6-B800-71841CDD5B2E.jpeg

This is the sloppy, testing setup.

Yesterday, I changed my ALK dosing. I tested when I was done and it was working fine. Today, I’m in LA and this is the situation:

0B1C47A9-9D4A-4C63-8BA7-16D1CCE3C552.jpeg

Asked my wife to check the dosing tube and she sees no drops coming out.

My red dragon seems to be losing some tissue near the base. The tips are growing well. Should I be concerned?

View attachment 26090
I've used crazy gel applied to areas with STN in the past with good success in stopping the spread...maybe you can give it a try. By the way, would you mind elaborating on how a pressurized RO container works vs an ATO?

I've used crazy gel applied to areas with STN in the past with good success in stopping the spread...maybe you can give it a try. By the way, would you mind elaborating on how a pressurized RO container works vs an ATO?
Most kitchen RO (not RODI) systems feed the product water into a small tank under the sink. These tanks have an air bladder so that when you open the faucet you can fill up a glass of water quickly. I scaled this up to a 20g tank, which gets filled with RO water automatically every night. That tank is connected to my kitchen faucet and ice maker as well as my DI stages. After the DI stages, I added a solenoid controlled by Apex to top off the sump. So, when the solenoid opens, the pressure from the RO tank pushes water through the DI stages and directly into the sump. No pump, no TDS creep.

I replaced A on Friday, so it should be pretty full.
From the same box? I would pull the cover off, run a Reagent A prime and visually confirm that you are getting reagent in the cuvette. Then run a sample prime and confirm that you are getting sample in the cuvette. If yes to both, run an alk test.

From the same box? I would pull the cover off, run a Reagent A prime and visually confirm that you are getting reagent in the cuvette. Then run a sample prime and confirm that you are getting sample in the cuvette. If yes to both, run an alk test.
I appreciate the help, but I’m out of town and I think that dosing went wrong, so ALK has dropped. I’m guessing the Trident is fine and it’s just failing because it’s too low.

On Friday, I changed several things. I had run out of Soda Ash, so I refilled the dosing container with B-Ionic and changed the dosing amount. At the same time I replaced reagent A and modified the DOS intake to use a JG fitting. I verified it was working afterwards, but I must’ve screwed something up. Then, I got in my car and drove to LA…

On Friday, I changed several things. I had run out of Soda Ash, so I refilled the dosing container with B-Ionic and changed the dosing amount. At the same time I replaced reagent A and modified the DOS intake to use a JG fitting. I verified it was working afterwards, but I must’ve screwed something up. Then, I got in my car and drove to LA…
I know we haven't met in person, but if you need someone to head over to Scott's Valley to do some reef adjustment to save your tank, I would like to offer any help I can.

Back