Jestersix

Another bare bottom question...

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
When I replace my 40 with my new 100 I plan on converting to bare bottom. Right now I have a bunch of nassarius snails and a couple conchs. Do I need to rehome all these guys?

Are you going with no wrasses that sleep in the sandbed for the upgrade? If not, then perhaps consider upgrading the size of the sand container that you're gonna use for them to accommodate for the inverts.

When I replace my 40 with my new 100 I plan on converting to bare bottom. Right now I have a bunch of nassarius snails and a couple conchs. Do I need to rehome all these guys?

I have nassarius snails in my frag tank (no sand) for over a year now. I’m not saying they wouldn’t be more comfortable with sand, but they have grown and are alive.

I've had nassarius snails in a bb tank for many years before. They hid under the rockwork wherever they could find, but generally seemed to live just fine. I didn't have anything that would eat them.

I had them in my tank prior to adding sand back in. They will just go under rocks.

Definitely survive. Really no purpose though.

Their main benefit is stirring sand imo.

@Srt4eric you are welcome!

1618001165572.png

Last edited:
Back