Cali Kid Corals

Any experience with marcorocks ?

Lyn

Has anyone had experience ordering from Marcorocks? I put in a pre-order at the end of April and have not yet received it. I have tried calling, leaving a message, and e-mail, to no avail. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get an order from them? I realise that they are located on the islands off Mass., but it still seems a bit long to me. I am particularly worried that they have not contacted me to give me an update on my order. :-[ Before I contact the BBB, I was hoping that someone might have some info. to assuage my fear of being ripped off.

Any info. would be helpful. Thanks.

Radiolunatic arranged a groupbuy from Marco about 1 1/2 yrs ago. Everything went smoothly. I talked to Marco and he sent the pieces that I wanted.

Don't know how it has been lately.

Hmm, I also had a pretty good experience with them. How long has it been since you first tried calling them. April does seem pretty long to wait for a preorder. At the time when did they expect the rocks would be shipped?

The shipments of the rock have been becoming less and less and more and more people are selling it thus it's even harder for Marc to get it. He's most likely in between shipments currently. I can vouch for him as far as him not stealing your money ;)

I assumed the order was shipped in May, but it may be that it didn't get sent until June, if it was sent. I called in June and earlier this month, and my husband called yesterday and today. No answer; left messages. I guess it is possible he could be on vacation.

Thanks for the various replys. I had read, and your experiences confirm that he runs a good outfit. I was/am perplexed as to why I was not getting any response from him, and why my order was/is taking so long. For those of you who have spoken with him directly, what time of the day did you call? perhaps I need to call at a different time. When you did order, how long did it take for you to receive the rock?

He's a friend of mine and at times it's taken several weeks for him to reply to me.

one thing to remember about the bulk of online aquatic companies is it's most likely not their day job.

Thanks Gresham,

I received, literally just this second, a shipment confirmation from DHL saying that my Marco rocks are on their way! ;D I'm relieved and very happy. I appreciate the added info. on Marc and will keep it in mind when I place future orders. I did not know that this was not his day job. If you speak to him, would you mention that he could add a simple disclaimer on his website saying that shipments may take longer than anticipated, or something to that effect. All I wanted was some reassurance that my order was tentatively scheduled for any month. I would have been happy if he e-mailed/told me I might get it in 6 months. Just so I wasn't worrying and left hanging. I tend to worry if on-line orders don't arrive within a month or two, or I don't hear from the vendor.

Much Aloha,

Sherri

Oh Sherri trust me plenty have told him just that :( He's more of a very friendly acquaintance of mine then a friend I speak to a lot :) I see him probably 4 times a year at shows :D I will tell him once again though ;)

Back