Our mission

Any use water alarm sensors?

Ive been thinking of buying a water alarm sensor, since my reoccurring day/nightmare is to come home to 150 gallons of water on the floor.

Does anyone use them? Im particularly looking at ones that will call you if it goes off.

Anyone with experience with these or can recommend a product?

My only experience with them was a cheapie one I got a LONG time ago, it didn't last long because it was more of a moisture alarm than a water alarm. Stupid thing would go off when the humidity got high.

Sorry if that's not much help, that's all I got :p

Hmm..Im thinking of somthing like this.

http://www.comforthouse.com/polhearratmo.html

It would be a pretty waste of money though if humidity set it off. I want it for peace of mind and not to have it call me all the time for a false alarm causing more panic hehe.

It was a lot like that, except without the key pad. A piezo with a little wire coming out attached to a sensor that when wet would complete a circuit then the alarm would go off. I'm sure there are decent units, I was young (~15 yrs ago) and working at LFS so I got the cheapest one I could get my hands on. Read some user reviews, I bet you can find a good one.

Just right a labview standalone app that will email you/phone you if the resistance between 2 spaced wires --> 0 :-D

Back