Kessil

Anyone have a Reef Nutrition account for referrals?

@IOnceWasLegend PM’d you to also use your referral code. Does anyone have coupons for Reef Nutrition online orders? Shipping is a litttle expensive for the live stuff.
So I talked to their customer service last week and they said they're reevaluating every Friday with the hot weather to allow 2 day shipping again on live things. They recommended hitting up local stores in the meantime since they're far cheaper. I'm waiting until then before I order online again. https://reefnutrition.com/pages/shipping-info

I even offered to pick up since they're in Campbell, but no dice!

Back to one of my old questions in another thread, any chance we could have a club code that everyone could use? Could help support BAR operations as this is something a lot of streamers do to generate revenue plus shows RN their sponsorship is being effective here.

Back to one of my old questions in another thread, any chance we could have a club code that everyone could use? Could help support BAR operations as this is something a lot of streamers do to generate revenue plus shows RN their sponsorship is being effective here.
I had not heard of this before, so to clarify: just having the club make an account, and using the club account referral code for new members? I'm not opposed to the idea, but I'm also not sure how that would help support BAR operations (genuine curiosity, not dinging it).

If RN can set up like an actual "creator" code system like other companies do. E.g. content creators or groups with followings will have a code that people can use to either also get a discount right away, or BAR would get a % of each sale or flat $ amount from any purchases using the code.

This goes with any vendor or sponsor here and is a great metric on their side to see how much business is being driven towards their company from the club.

If they aren't interested in doing that, we could still have a RN reef points account for BAR that would pool all of our referrals, then the BAR BOD redeems those for $10, $25, or $50 coupons that can be raffled off to support the club (or converted into products to raffle). Downside there is that you only get 2000 points per referral (worth a $10 coupon) and it's one-time per new person.

If RN can set up like an actual "creator" code system like other companies do. E.g. content creators or groups with followings will have a code that people can use to either also get a discount right away, or BAR would get a % of each sale or flat $ amount from any purchases using the code.

This goes with any vendor or sponsor here and is a great metric on their side to see how much business is being driven towards their company from the club.

If they aren't interested in doing that, we could still have a RN reef points account for BAR that would pool all of our referrals, then the BAR BOD redeems those for $10, $25, or $50 coupons that can be raffled off to support the club (or converted into products to raffle). Downside there is that you only get 2000 points per referral (worth a $10 coupon) and it's one-time per new person.
Interesting idea. We can talk to Chad at RN about it but I’d like to form it up a bit more. This is in Eric’s @Srt4eric domain. Maybe the 2 of you discuss it and see if we should ask Chad about it.

My interest would be about supporting RN (and giving them a way to know we are supporting them), while helping out our members.

I ended up buying the Reef Nutrition stuff I needed at Neptunes, I was able to check they had it in stock on their site before I drove over. Thanks anyway @IOnceWasLegend

I wanted to try the live tigger pods and arctipods for my fathead anthias so they can get more red pigment, my oldest one had started to lose the deep pink color - it got better with adding omegas and reefroids to their frozen so I wanted to try feeding them some red pods to get more astaxanthin or carotenoids or other red compounds in their diet. The problem is they only eat frozen brine and mysis and won’t touch frozen calanus, but interestingly the fatheads ate the arctipods while my tangs spat it out, which is great because the fancy food is not for them anyway.

Back