Neptune Aquatics

Anyone know how to test/fix a K4 pump

Roc

heres the back story, about 2 months ago I got 2 K4's used, one was a little noisy when I got it but I found out the small plastic ring on the bottom of the impllear had dislogged from the implellar, simpley putting it back on fixed the noise issue. Now that same pump has stopped working all together. I am trying to figure our of it's the pump itself or something else, but am unsure how to test it, and or fix it.

I have removed the pump from my tank, but have tried to break it down and put it back together several times and I just don't see any movement from the implellar.

Any recoomendations?

My Nano's sometimes have a hard time starting up, I don't know why, a little flick with my tweezers whilst plugged in gets them going again.

Give them a call to see if they can help you out..

Hydor USA inc.
4147 Northgate Blvd, Suite 6,
Sacramento, CA 95834
USA

ph. 001 (916)920-5222
fax 001 (916)920-5522

[quote author=Elite link=topic=6485.msg83272#msg83272 date=1235254563]
Give them a call to see if they can help you out..

Hydor USA inc.
4147 Northgate Blvd, Suite 6,
Sacramento, CA 95834
USA

ph. 001 (916)920-5222
fax 001 (916)920-5522

[/quote]

I sent them an e-mail. But I will try to call on Monday if they haven't responded.

I had the same issue when first got some K3 a while ago and 'cause of that, steered away from them, then my brother got some and decided to go a different way (he ended up buying more ??)
He gave me a nano and could not make it work right then took it apart and made sure the shaft was sitting straight in the little hole and the round cover/strainer fits only one way to make it work so I placed a marking aligning the main body to the front, that way when I clean it works right away, tried not having the thing aligned and did not work, that's in my own experience. I'm still steered away from them besides the little K-nano

There's an e-mail address but go to RC so you can get better and faster response on the issue, that person can even have couple of ceramic shafts sent to you no charge if they happen to brake.

[quote author=xcaret link=topic=6485.msg83289#msg83289 date=1235262595]
I had the same issue when first got some K3 a while ago and 'cause of that, steered away from them, then my brother got some and decided to go a different way (he ended up buying more ??)
He gave me a nano and could not make it work right then took it apart and made sure the shaft was sitting straight in the little hole and the round cover/strainer fits only one way to make it work so I placed a marking aligning the main body to the front, that way when I clean it works right away, tried not having the thing aligned and did not work, that's in my own experience. I'm still steered away from them besides the little K-nano

There's an e-mail address but go to RC so you can get better and faster response on the issue, that person can even have couple of ceramic shafts sent to you no charge if they happen to brake.
[/quote]

Which person is this? I have a thread on RC but no replies

Remove the shaft and clean it. Sometimes it get gum. The impeller should move freely on the shaft.

[quote author=xcaret link=topic=6485.msg83289#msg83289 date=1235262595]
[/quote]

Xret is right about aligning the shaft too.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=6485.msg84046#msg84046 date=1235515717]
What is the issue? dead motor??
[/quote]

Don't know. They said pack it up and send it to them. If it can be fixed they will fix it, if not they will send me a new one

Yeah, they have great customer service.

I'm a little too late here, but what you could have done is unplug both of them and check the impedance of both of them. If the bad one reads different than the good one, then you have a motor issue. Of course, I'm assuming you have a multimeter that can measure ohms.

Back