Our mission

APEX HELP

Schmitty

Supporting Member
My WiFi has been going out a bunch lately and when it does the apex stays at where it was when the WiFi goes out. I dont think that’s how it used to be. Like my lights stay on all night if WiFi goes out when they’re on. Does anyone know if there's a way to make it like I think it used to be that if the wifi went out, the apex still ran under the way you had it set, you just werent able to connect and change anything...

It should keep running without wifi. Anything else change with apex or wifi lately?

FWIW, this is why I hardwired my Apexes. I hated the wifi issue.

My WiFi has been going out a bunch lately and when it does the apex stays at where it was when the WiFi goes out. I dont think that’s how it used to be. Like my lights stay on all night if WiFi goes out when they’re on. Does anyone know if there's a way to make it like I think it used to be that if the wifi went out, the apex still ran under the way you had it set, you just werent able to connect and change anything...

In each device -you can specify the action when it loses WiFi action -

It is the fallback option, if on-it will automatically default to the prior actions.

If off-it will turn off whatever device that if it loses wifi connection.

Try checking your router or rebooting it.
Couple weeks ago, it and the Red Sea app kept losing connection. Simple reset abated that.

Worse comes to worse if you can-snake a long Ethernet cable from the router to apex as @Thales pointed out.

Attachments

• IMG_0417.png
    IMG_0417.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 18
Are your lights Controled or bridged via the WXM module? I have had screwiness with the lights when the wifi goes out even if the Apex is hardwired. I have since moved away from the WXM and now just use the Apex as a kill switch and have the light cycle controlled separately.

In my experience when wifi goes out but the Apex is otherwise working fine, it just keeps following its normal schedule. Things turn on, they turn off, etc. My guess is that there’s something wrong with your Apex causing it to crash and freeze, not just its connection to wifi.

Back