Kessil

Apex

I dont know if there is already an apex thread but I figured I would start one for those thst have questions or want to diy something.

So my current question is. What do you guys think of running a second pump in the Ato resevoir. I recently added a high/low float switch with BOB that will send me a notification when they are tripped. I am running a IM hydrofill as my ato connected to my apex set to turn off if my high switch is triggered.

I was wondering since there is no way to turn on the ato on command and if where to fail which I have had these fail before since the probes are stainless steel. Would adding a pump that I can remotely turn on when and if my low float is triggered. And it will be programmed to turn off when high float is triggered then I would turn it off via apex slider.

What do you guys think of this any issues that you guys see? Last thing anyone wants is the ato to crap on day 3 of a 2 week vacation to Hawaii.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have a backup pump set up for this purpose. Just make sure you add a line in your apex code to turn off the backup pump it runs too long. Both Neptunes optical sensors and float switches can get stuck in either the on or off position.

I have a backup pump set up for this purpose. Just make sure you add a line in your apex code to turn off the backup pump it runs too long. Both Neptunes optical sensors and float switches can get stuck in either the on or off position.

i would suggest installing a float valve. I wouldn’t rely on apex coding to be the only failsafe.

Back