Neptune Aquatics

[Apr 14, 2018] Members Frag Swap (Hayward, CA)

Grrrr. Waited at the school where my tanks are for a long time with no answer or return calls from security to disarm alarm so I can take frags to classroom. Went home and am debating calling more times or using 5 gal holding pen my frags were in overnight, to keep new frags until Monday.
Anyway, it was a great event! So many frags, familiar faces, and new members. Looking forward to future events and I think I will be able to be more active in the club.

Grrrr. Waited at the school where my tanks are for a long time with no answer or return calls from security to disarm alarm so I can take frags to classroom. Went home and am debating calling more times or using 5 gal holding pen my frags were in overnight, to keep new frags until Monday.
Anyway, it was a great event! So many frags, familiar faces, and new members. Looking forward to future events and I think I will be able to be more active in the club.
That’s so frustrating. Did things work out?

That’s so frustrating. Did things work out?
Yep! Got into classroom at 6:30pm. I decided best for corals to move in ASAP. Gotta start good practices for when tanks are ready for more fragile species. Made me remember how grateful I am to have a perfect aquarium classroom - still can't believe it.

Yep! Got into classroom at 6:30pm. I decided best for corals to move in ASAP. Gotta start good practices for when tanks are ready for more fragile species. Made me remember how grateful I am to have a perfect aquarium classroom - still can't believe it.

I can’t recall who used to dip his/her corals right after leaving the swaps, during transportation or maybe I dreamed of that...

This has been my first frag swap and I had a great time, there were very beautiful corals and big pieces, many generous people!
Thanks a lot to the organizers and all the participants. Really happy to have joined this club.

I wanted to thank everyone. The frag swap was great. BUT... I am also very disappointed. I know the common procedure is to dip coral. I get that, but knowingly fragging and bring a coral with a pest is just not cool. Seriously not cool. A container even said it contained flat worms. I found flat worms, red bugs and a single nudi on my frags. Honestly I expected more from fellow reefers. I would like to flag the users that brought these in but ill just leave it at that.

I wanted to thank everyone. The frag swap was great. BUT... I am also very disappointed. I know the common procedure is to dip coral. I get that, but knowingly fragging and bring a coral with a pest is just not cool. Seriously not cool. A container even said it contained flat worms. I found flat worms, red bugs and a single nudi on my frags. Honestly I expected more from fellow reefers. I would like to flag the users that brought these in but ill just leave it at that.

calling out somebody would just lead to people not wanting to put names on the containers.

Acro eating flatworms? Or red planaria flat worms? Big difference.
Either way, kinda crappy to find those things. Let it be a lesson to all. Dip yo frags.

Acro eating flatworms? Or red planaria flat worms? Big difference.
Either way, kinda crappy to find those things. Let it be a lesson to all. Dip yo frags.
The point wasnt dipping. It was that if you have a sick coral. Dont bring it. New members may not have the funds or education and will now deal with even more problems. Its just not a nice thing to do.

The point wasnt dipping. It was that if you have a sick coral. Dont bring it. New members may not have the funds or education and will now deal with even more problems. Its just not a nice thing to do.
What type of flat worms? And my point is, everyone should learn from this that it's important to dip.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1620388 I’m just going to leave this here for the person that has flatworms in their tank. I had some sort of flatworm, white circle head, brown body, forked tail, listed as watch with caution from some pest site. I had these when the tank was brand new saw multiple on glass every single day I looked at the tank. After adding this damsel, I couldn’t find a single one within a few days. Haven’t seen ‘em since. Really pretty fish, and VERY passive for a damsel

I feel like that with the members swap dipping is mentioned enough on the threads and during the swap that everyone is generally aware of the practice

Back