Reef nutrition

Aptasia irradication strategies

The kalk paste is working on mine I hope it works for you. Also watch out for flying kalk lol it will sting some corals :( sorry frogspawn. My peppermint shrimps are just hiding out I almost thought my pistol had eaten one lol.

I may have reached my fish limit as the existing group is acting quite aggressively toward the new BC. My instinctive impression is that I shouldn't hold out a lot of hope for it's survival. It's found a corner of the tank where it's usually left alone for now but all other fish additions over the last year have acclimated much more quickly and were accepted within the group within a day of placement.

yardartist said:
Interacting with the other BC?
Initially, the new BC swam right up to the existing and they did some fin twitching. I had great hopes at that point until the long nosed hawk decided to target it and commence with a 24 hour pester period. New fish decided to quit trying to mix and just find a dark corner of the tank. That's where it's residing at this time looking very "tired". It was a great idea that didn't work out too well "so far". I will maintain hope...... :~

I know I am a little late (okay very late) to say what fish would be good for combating Aiptasia. A fish that would work well in a reef tank(might eat leather coral) and combat aiptasia is the Klein's Butterflyfish which is also small (5.5 in) and is a beginner fish.

nudibranch said:
I know I am a little late (okay very late) to say what fish would be good for combating Aiptasia. A fish that would work well in a reef tank(might eat leather coral) and combat aiptasia is the Klein's Butterflyfish which is also small (5.5 in) and is a beginner fish.

A lot of people found them to be coral eaters, mostly LPS and gave up on using them for Aiptasia control.

BTW, shouldn't you be working on a new tank thread?

I know this may sound silly but does anybody have some aiptasia on a rock they can give me? I got my peppermints in the QT and I put small pieces of aiptasia in there and they ate it! :D Trying to train these guys to eat that cr@p. :)

sfboarders said:
I know this may sound silly but does anybody have some aiptasia on a rock they can give me? I got my peppermints in the QT and I put small pieces of aiptasia in there and they ate it! :D Trying to train these guys to eat that cr@p. :)
I have several small rocks in my sump with Aptasia.
Also, I can easily scrape 10-12 off the acrylic and sand.
Union City, or probably next BAR meeting.

screebo said:
If I could strap little muzzles on my wrasse population, you could rent them to me 'cause I've got plenty of aptasia! :~

Which wrasses are picking on your shrimp? Can you take a small aiptasia rock out? Hopefully I can return it back to you aiptasia free. :)

rygh said:
sfboarders said:
I have several small rocks in my sump with Aptasia.
Also, I can easily scrape 10-12 off the acrylic and sand.
Union City, or probably next BAR meeting.

Not sure if I'll be at the next meeting. If so, I'll PM you. :)

Back