Neptune Aquatics

Aquamend and super glue, Where to find it?

email them and ask. Keep in mind clubs back east I hear have put in $5K - $10K group buys with them so they may want more then just a couple people.

http://premiumaquatics.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PA&Product_Code=TER-12GL&Category_Code=

Premium Aquatics exclusive 1-2 Silicone Glue.

Made in Germany. This is a high quality 2 part glue. Just knead together approx 20 seconds, other 60 seconds to work it on the area needing glue, then another 60 seconds to SET and HOLD. This product will be almost rock solid basically in 2 minutes. So plan your work before you start kneading.

component A: (grey) platinum (#CAS-#Nr.: 7440- 06-4): 0,004%
component B: (orange) #Polymethylhydrogensiloxane: 1,2%

The product is 100% stable and can be stored indefinitely at room temperature. It is non-water soluble and non bio degradable with a flash point of over 400 Celsius.

Use as directed. Latex gloves recommended.
After contact with the skin with, wash hands with soap and water.
If accidental contacts with eyes, immediately rinse eyes with clean water. Call doctor is symptoms worsen.
Do not eat or swallow product.

GreshamH said:
email them and ask. Keep in mind clubs back east I hear have put in $5K - $10K group buys with them so they may want more then just a couple people.

I emailed them to see if they can do a group buy for that "glue." Looks like good stuff without purchasing anymore gel glue so I guess that can save you some money. I wonder if it how much heat it puts out when it's mixed though.

It doesn't replace super glue IMO and it's not really a glue. It can encase your frag and be wedged into rock, but it does not possess any glue like qualities.

Here is the response I got back for a group buy.

"We could do a group buy, although we would need to wait until our next
order comes in, which will be 2-3 weeks. It would be the same price
that we're doing at ReefBuilders right now though, unless you could get
up to 50pcs or more, then we could do it for $16/ea, plus free shipping."

GreshamH said:
http://premiumaquatics.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PA&Product_Code=TER-12GL&Category_Code=

Premium Aquatics exclusive 1-2 Silicone Glue.

Made in Germany. This is a high quality 2 part glue. Just knead together approx 20 seconds, other 60 seconds to work it on the area needing glue, then another 60 seconds to SET and HOLD. This product will be almost rock solid basically in 2 minutes. So plan your work before you start kneading.

component A: (grey) platinum (#CAS-#Nr.: 7440- 06-4): 0,004%
component B: (orange) #Polymethylhydrogensiloxane: 1,2%

The product is 100% stable and can be stored indefinitely at room temperature. It is non-water soluble and non bio degradable with a flash point of over 400 Celsius.

Use as directed. Latex gloves recommended.
After contact with the skin with, wash hands with soap and water.
If accidental contacts with eyes, immediately rinse eyes with clean water. Call doctor is symptoms worsen.
Do not eat or swallow product.

I saw that but since I am fairly slow I didn't understand if they were saying the grey componany had .0004% of something but what about the rest of the ingredents, and the orange one had 1,2% (which I'm niot sure how to read) but again what else does it have in it?

Dunno and since it's an import, finding the full MSDS will be hard to locate. It's actually the importers responsibility to bring the packaging up to US standards and I would assume that means making the MSDS available as well. Maybe Premium has the MSDS for it?

50 or more to get $1 savings off each.

Maybe tally up and see how many are interested? Distribution would have to be at a meeting or something.

I don't think they make much on German imports, especially at $16

sfboarders said:
I emailed them to see if they can do a group buy for that "glue." Looks like good stuff without purchasing anymore gel glue so I guess that can save you some money. I wonder if it how much heat it puts out when it's mixed though.

According to Jake it had almost in heat output while mixing.

I was there when he/we tested it. I couldn't detect any heat coming off it.

I like the feel of it, very tactile friendly :)

I used some putting new rock work together this weekend, this stuff is very easy to work with and seems to hold up fine. Doesn't have much odor and sure is easier on the hands. Easier to work into some of the spaces in the rock - and since it fills better it seems to hold better.

Back