High Tide Aquatics

Attn VorTech owners... Generation 2 is out!

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
Not saying go run out and buy a new one, but for $10 you can buy the new magnet/shaft, that really is rust proof (supposedly)
Also quite a few features with the drivers, that can be easily updated just by finding someone who's demoing the Gen2 VorTech, so here's a question, anyone who's close with LFS know who's doing it in the area? Or one person want to be the guinea pig and send it back to EcoTech then allow everyone else to update from theirs? :D

Here's the RC link
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12600632#post12600632

With some of the features
Gen2 features a new magnet, high performance plastic drive shaft screw, a revised wet frame cover and is fully backwards compatible with all VorTech pumps. The new magnet is fully encapsulated within black plastic, cannot be scratched or damaged under normal use, is more durable, eliminates rusting and requires no regularly scheduled replacements.

New features for the MP40w Gen 2 include:
• A new Long Pulse Mode allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 and 60 seconds, enabling you to create slow alternating flow throughout your tank. And, you can couple multiple masters and slaves to create spiraling or gyre flow too!
• A new Night Mode – one of the most sought after enhancements - enables you to set your pump to operate for 14 hours in whichever mode you select for the day and go back to Night Mode for 10 hours. Master pumps will tell their slaves to go into Night Mode as well. Your Night Mode setting will be stored for as long as you want or until you cycle power to the pump, at which point you simply program the Night Mode again.
• A Pump Disconnect feature automatically shuts down your pump if the dry and wet sides become separated.

Enhancements to existing modes include:
• Feed Mode has been slowed from 1000gph to 500gph to make it easier than ever for you to spot feed corals and slow moving fish in your tank with the push of a button.
• A modified range of adjustment for Short Pulse Mode makes it easier for you to fine tune wave form.
• A novel save function for Pulse Mode enables you to save your own fine-tuned wave, providing you an even higher level of customization, and preventing you from ever having to re-program a wave again.
• A more sporadic Reef Crest Mode for both single pump systems and multi pump systems enables more pronounced speed changes constantly throughout the day
• A more sporadic Lagoon Mode for both single pump systems and multi pump systems provides your tank with enhanced variability to better simulate a lagoon environment.
Screwy thing is I sent in my magnets last week to get replaced (under warranty) and they were so great that they told me they could hold onto my pumps for a few more days until the new ones came in and replace those... however apparently they repaired them so damn fast they went out the next day. Although they must have sent them via Pony Express because it's been a week and they still haven't shown up. However if my new magnets do rust out even before the warranty is up, it'll be cheaper to just order the magnets.

Yeah I know they sell the product, but I don't recall ever seeing a demo of the products. If they have the Gen2, maybe someone can convince them to open a box and plug it in just so we can get an update.

Unsure if they're selling them yet, but I did recall hearing some people talking about being beta testers so the pumps themselves exist

Back