Kessil

August BAR meeting - Quarantine for Reef Systems - Aug. 12

sfsuphysics said:
Btw did anyone happen to recall what the drugs o' choice were, I recall the interceptor, fluke tabs, but don't recall what treatments for other things (zoa spiders/nudi/snails, monti nudis) ... should have taken notes... or preordered his book :)
Flatworm Exit for planaria.

I've seen zoa spiders and sundials survive strong Lugol dips. Easiest thing for those is just inspection and manual removal.

I think some people have been using levamisole for monti nudis.

Okay, I stand corrected...

Petsmart (Colma) and Petco (Sloat in San Francisco) do not carry Fluke tabs - just wasted a hour or so between the two stores.

So my guess is your LFS (call to see if they have it in stock before you go) or online is your best bet to purchase Fluke tabs either that or SF has lousy stores.

Mike - I would like to think Steve at Lucky Ocean may have it.

Steve does actually have them, I was in there today getting some fish food and test kits and I mentioned the talk and he wanted to know what the sure fire AEFW killer was, I mentioned Fluke Tabs and sure enough he had them! I didn't buy any though since I don't anticipate any corals anytime soon so I'll just do without them for now (will definately get some before the MARS swap though! :)).

Out of curiosity are Fluke Tabs fish specific? Or is it also a Dog/Cat medicine? The ones Steve had pics of fish on them but it might just be the whole "lettuce clip" deal where they take an existing product slap a nemo on it and charge 3x as much.

Interestingly enough that was part of the reason why it took me as long as it did to go to both of those stores. No fluke tabs available for dogs or cats - stuff for round worms and such.

Thanks, I will swing by Steve's this week.

FYI if you go a day Steve's not there (ie one of his workers... who might not know what you're talking about :)) they're up on the wall right infront of the bathroom with all the other medication for fish.

Back