High Tide Aquatics

Aussie gold torch

Three. Two of the heads have not completely split yet but they are getting there.

I feed the damn thing every day. It better split to three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three. Two of the heads have not completely split yet but they are getting there.

I feed the damn thing every day. It better split to three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could put it in my tank... guarantee new heads with no feeding.

My setup is very conducive to euphyllia growth...

Close....

I probably have obscene level of nutrients...especially for a mixed reef system. I don't run filter media nor skimmer. I rely on mostly biofiltration in the form of MarinePure balls, sand, rocks, and chaeto. The fact that my electric flame scallops have survived for so long without feeding is a testament to that. And oh, I rarely change water... and occasionally manually dose.

As for light, I run Aqamai LRMs on that tank on the high growth program which blasts near 100% on full spectrum for 8 - 10 hours, then actinic in between with no dark period.

When I want extra head growth, I move my euphyllias to nem boxes near the surface, close to the the perimeter of my lights.

I also don't feed anything but the nems and the fish...

Close....

I probably have obscene level of nutrients...especially for a mixed reef system. I don't run filter media nor skimmer. I rely on mostly biofiltration in the form of MarinePure balls, sand, rocks, and chaeto. The fact that my electric flame scallops have survived for so long without feeding is a testament to that. And oh, I rarely change water... and occasionally manually dose.

As for light, I run Aqamai LRMs on that tank on the high growth program which blasts near 100% on full spectrum for 8 - 10 hours, then actinic in between with no dark period.

When I want extra head growth, I move my euphyllias to nem boxes near the surface, close to the the perimeter of my lights.

I also don't feed anything but the nems and the fish...
Not familiar with those lights. Would be awesome if you could grab a par reading for us.
No dark period? Crazy! I know this works with some plants, never considered it for corals. Although I didn’t maintain a tank for awhile that had room lights on all the time in the room the tank was in.

Not familiar with those lights. Would be awesome if you could grab a par reading for us.
No dark period? Crazy! I know this works with some plants, never considered it for corals. Although I didn’t maintain a tank for awhile that had room lights on all the time in the room the tank was in.

Been meaning to do a PAR check on my tanks coincidentally... so should be able to do a work up soon...

I thought i had one already but realized it was when i had my huge 100W 48" LED stock bar.... decent output but so lacking in color and control.

I used to run these lights over my nem tank and they did a decent job.

Though, i might swap out to Radions at some point and put these on my frag/nem tank

Blues, with orange filter...

418afa3c1c09babc9c6dfd9b12a4f3d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
@MarAquatic some of my past and some present still thankfully euphyllias in my tank

Blues, with orange filter...

418afa3c1c09babc9c6dfd9b12a4f3d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
@ofzakaria not quite a build thread (for your DBTC) as my build threads are sporatic and i started to merge them when i was doing a new build on mt ELOS, you can see some basic sps on the right of this shot and WD. Not in the shot are a huge pocillopora colony a green from a nub, some random red sps, and a fairly large merulina colony I've been growing for a few years

@ofzakaria not quite a build thread (for your DBTC) as my build threads are sporatic and i started to merge them when i was doing a new build on mt ELOS, you can see some basic sps on the right of this shot and WD. Not in the shot are a huge pocillopora colony a green from a nub, some random red sps, and a fairly large merulina colony I've been growing for a few years
No worries my man. I know you from your posts and threads. You are inline for sure.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back