Our mission

Auto-Feeder Recommendations?

Does anyone use an auto-feeder for shorter vacations? Our neighbor's son has been feeding my fish most of the time, but I was thinking about picking up a feeder. Are they reliable at all and does anyone have a recommendation? I would be loading it up with flake food.

Thanks!

I use a Eheim FeedAir. It works well. I drilled a 3" diameter hole on the top of my canopy. The food falls through that hole and lands in one of those little suction cup feeding rings. The feeding ring really helps get the food into the water instead of down the overflow. :)

These days I'm feeding cyclopeeze and formula one with it. I put them both in there then mash it all up to get it well mixed and make sure the flake bits are small enough to be dispensed.

Thanks for the info. It seems like Eheim comes recommended on the discussions at RC as well. I'm going to have to do some measurements to see if it will fit on my tank (have a 29 and the light blocks the main hole right now).

- Does the food drop off one end of the feeder?
- How much of the feeder needs to be on a solid surface (vs. hanging over a gap in the top?)

The measurements I got off the website were 5-1/4" x 2-1/4" x 2-1/2"

With the FeedAir, the translucent part rotates to drop the food and doesn't touch the surface it's on. So the entire translucent part can be over the hole and only the darker opaque base part needs to be on a solid surface.

Back