Neptune Aquatics

B-Ionic & Trident

If you dose B-Ionic with Trident controlled dosing, what percentage +- do you use?
I picked 40% to let the Trident do it's thing. I recently was frustrated with the dosing software, but I am 95% sure it was user error (my first time with the software)

I had it at 40% also, which is the default but now I’m thinking that’s too high for B-Ionic.
My issue was I set it up, then moved a bunch of coral for the fragging event, so the corals were upset and my usage went down, while my dosing didn't follow fast enough and I had my alk go from 8.5 to 10.5 over 3 days. I think things have stabilized, but to me, this #% is how confident are you in your current dosing consistency vs how much do you want the tech to read and react.

The limit % determines what is the maximum deviation from your baseline that you are allowing

if 100ml is the nominal dose and you’ve set. 40% limit, 140ml is the max and 60ml is the minimum. If those limits are met and more adjustment in that direction is required, the Apex will go back to you nominal dose of 100ml.

What are you seeing?

The limit % determines what is the maximum deviation from your baseline that you are allowing

if 100ml is the nominal dose and you’ve set. 40% limit, 140ml is the max and 60ml is the minimum. If those limits are met and more adjustment in that direction is required, the Apex will go back to you nominal dose of 100ml.

What are you seeing?
Ahh, that explains why I had to unplug the hose from the container for a day. (user software error, very common with us mech e's) Thank you!

What are you seeing?
I get that, thanks. I’m not seeing anything wrong - just curious what others are using for this combination since it should be a similar percentage to keep things even.

Back