Kessil

BA summer sublet?

Jonathan,

Tell us a little more about what you are looking for in a neighborhood. We have a bunch of people here that live/work in SF. We can help you pinpoint.

For example, besides upscale, are you more interested in nightlife, restaurants, views, fog, photo locations, public transport, etc.

C

Go South of SF to like below Daily City. 101 side will be hotter year round, but the 280 side is nicer IMO (more green, cloer to what you now call home) Rent is cheaper (kind of) and your closer to Milpitas.

I'll send you a map ASAP.

thanks Gresham.

C, I won't be too picky, since it's just for a couple of months.
locations for shooting nearby would be great.
parking: even if I don't have a car my gf will.
this might rule out some down town locations.
how much do garages charge per month?
public transport nearby would be good.
laundry in the building a big plus.

I'm open to living in a larger building as well as smaller ones, as long as it's clean and well maintained
it's all good with me. I don't really need the nightlife, view's, or fog. Is fog an option?

[quote author=jhale link=topic=3232.msg36357#msg36357 date=1204743053]
[/quote]

I go out shooting at least every other Saturday, if not every Saturday with a Flickr group based in the bay area. people there range from new amateurs with point and shoots, people who are really artistic who only use a point and shoot, to the hobbyist "pros" and the professionals slinging at least 2 camera bodies at a time.

We travel all over, and pick new locations every week. It's the best way to explore the city in my opinion. I'm out shooting the entirety of the day.

thanks Gresham.

C, I won't be too picky, since it's just for a couple of months.
parking: even if I don't have a car my gf will.
this might rule out some down town locations.
how much do garages charge per month?
[/quote]
$200-$250 for a garage

public transport nearby would be good.
laundry in the building a big plus.

I'm open to living in a larger building as well as smaller ones, as long as it's clean and well maintained
it's all good with me. I don't really need the nightlife, view's, or fog. Is fog an option?
[/quote]

Fog is an option! ;) In SF, look in the inner mission between Market and 18th, or hayes valley (Hayes and Octavia) for low fog options. Other areas you should consider are South Beach (SF south of the bay bridge) which has some big buildings and nice views. All should have parking options in your price range.

I vaguely remember a google maps mashup with craigslist for sublets. Here's some...

http://www.housingmaps.com/
http://www.mapskrieg.com/view/ (very slowwwwwww)

Does anyone know other links?

C

Not for sublets (we don't allow sublets for our apartment community - grounds for eviction)

but

that doesn't mean I don't have contacts that can help Jonathan out. $250 is about right for parking in the South Beach area.

Pretty much anything out of SF is less expensive.

Just show up when we have our next SF tank tour and you can see a bunch of the city. : )

FYI _ I live in SF and commute to Santa Clara for work, not too bad about 1 hours drive...about 10 minutes more to Milpitas...It can get quite warm in Milptitas in the summer, Like the SF weather and Scenery much better than the South Bay, that is why I don't live down there.

I have lived in many districts in SF.

I currently live in a LOFT with my GF in Portrero Hill. I LOVE this area. We both have cars, have no problems with parking for free. We are maybe 1 mile from downtown, have free way entrances a block away. Its not right in the city, so its not crazy, but were also not far from it, so its instantly accessible.

Theres many parks, restaurants, and the bay is right near for walks..etc.

I ve lived in Bernal Heights, Lower Haight, western addition, and Noe valley.

Portrero Hill by far is my favorite.

Oh and very little fog here. Its one of the sunnier parts of SF!

If you're not afraid of weather, the coast around HMB (especially Montara/Moss Beach) is spectacular. People are a little snooty, but that makes it all the more fun to pull the East Coast card and tell them what you think as it's all marshmallow gonads.

For someone from the East Coast SF might be a bit of a freak show, I personally can't stand the place (bronze memorials for dead homeless people come on....). I think Gresham is on the right track recommending a little south of there. No parking issues for the most part, normal people, beautiful landscape, good weather (anywhere in the BA is going to have better weather than what you're used to, I know from experience), good food, diversity, it's a good place to live.

Alameda's cool too I must say, along with a few other communities outside of the penninsula.

I've lived in greenwich village on bleecker street the past 8 years, not much surprises me. bring on the freakiness :D

A little south of SF looks good. I mean being a half hour away or less is not a big deal.
I'm just used to living in a central location. I work out of my loft in the village and everyone comes to my place
for work or fun.

You are pretty much describing where I live in Burlingame. About 20 mins to the city with no traffic. A 35 min BART ride during rush hour or about a 50 min drive. No bridges to cross.

Far enough south that you get out of the fog but still north enough where we still never go above the high 70's. Close to SFO (maybe 10 mins) but not so close that you get airport traffic noise. Plenty of parking.

And there are some pretty nice apartments depending on what area you look at.

Burlingame looks nice. I think for what I'll be doing for work I'll need to be just a bit closer to SF. I'm going to have people coming to meet me for work, so the closer I live to SF, and where the talent agencies are located the better.

After looking at the sublets it seems there is not much available more than 2 month for now. I guess people don't advertise till the date is closer. It does help me get a sense of what's out there. I found one listing that is pretty much what I'm looking for, just the dates don't match up.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/sub/595980377.html

So Eileen if you have any leads for july and august let me know :)

Back