High Tide Aquatics

Baby's Breath Favia

It's a band saw but the blade for it is rather thin. Coping saw thing or so, but in a smaller bandsaw.

As for the polyps, there are sometimes clean separations and other times there isn't. With the ones which aren't clean, you basically tear the flesh. Try not to cut that deep where that happens. Corals heal faster when it's torn versus being cut.

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=6857.msg90822#msg90822 date=1237593626]
It's a band saw but the blade for it is rather thin. Coping saw thing or so, but in a smaller bandsaw.

As for the polyps, there are sometimes clean separations and other times there isn't. With the ones which aren't clean, you basically tear the flesh. Try not to cut that deep where that happens. Corals heal faster when it's torn versus being cut.
[/quote]

I definitely learned something new! It is opposite to when people get cut-- it is much better to have a clean cut than a jagged one--not so with corals!

Thanks for imparting knowledge. :D

Ok I am going to go with Roy on this one but I don't recall if you have returned a 2nd gen frag. Can you let me know and post up the link?

Pick up at meeting or my place?

BTW I am going to attempt to frag up my colony again with Ian's saw very soon. The frags (assuming the come out fine) will go to Tony and Brian. I believe they will probably be fine by the next meeting. Will get back to both of you to let you know.

seminolecpa said:
Ok I am going to go with Roy on this one but I don't recall if you have returned a 2nd gen frag. Can you let me know and post up the link?

Pick up at meeting or my place?

Bryan,
Yes, looking back, I have not returned second generation frag, but looking at my tank, I can return Kurplunk's Sunset Milli, which I just post. Hope I am qualified now .. :)
I will be at the meeting this Saturday.

Roy. Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I had a last minute thing come up and I can't make the meeting. The frag is still yours if you want it but I will have to arrange something else to get it to you.

Bryan,

No problem. No rush ...
You work only a block away or so from me, so we can go that route also, but again no rush, maybe next opportunity to meet.

Roy

Back