Our mission

Baby's Breath Favia

It honestly might be better if I fragged it. It has grown in a odd pattern kind of ball shaped. Has probably 25 heads or so though. The last time I fragged it it took the frags at least a month to really fully recover.

Not at this moment. I fragged it awhile back and it's up to one large polyp and putting out four more new mouths at the moment. If it does hit DBTC, it'll go into another thread vs. this one.

Not surprised. With most LPS fragging, I start from the back and cut into it. Once it's almost throught, I score and then tear through from the tissue side.

My last one did that as well. I ended up fragging the outer edges off when I did the last DBTC.

This one, I'm growing it on a flatter surface.

the more LPS you grow, the more you learn how important it is to pre-sculpt your frag to direct future growth. There are a lot of frags I have that I wish I used large disks and aquamend on.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=6857.msg90672#msg90672 date=1237566098]
the more LPS you grow, the more you learn how important it is to pre-sculpt your frag to direct future growth. There are a lot of frags I have that I wish I used large disks and aquamend on.
[/quote]

What do you do? Make a flat surface hang off of the plug or disk or something like that?

Thanks for the fragging tips. When tuberider helped me frag, he did it from the back, and I didn't know why until now. :)

Eric, when you tear the flesh, does it naturally separate between polyps? I have often wondered how you made single polyp frags.

the other way to do single polyps is diamond bandsaw. It cuts from the top, but the blade is tiny and you can make sharp turns unlike with the dremel.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=6857.msg90796#msg90796 date=1237585680]
the other way to do single polyps is diamond bandsaw. It cuts from the top, but the blade is tiny and you can make sharp turns unlike with the dremel.
[/quote]

I see... unfortunately, I don't see myself getting one anytime real soon since I just got the Dremmel. :) is it a really small saw? I've seen band saws for wood working, it's not the same is it?

Back