Neptune Aquatics

BACFM Plunder

Tell me it wasn't the Rasta Echino......

My ultimate efflo is well on its way to being out. Still hanging in there but is doesn't look good. The acroberry I got is also likely a lost cause though I do still see some polyps. Lesson learned. Never buy fresh cut frags. Expensive lesson though. Did anyone get a frag of that ultimate efflo that did make it?

Here is my dead piece, I asked greg if he wanted me to shoot him a picture. This is what I am sending him.
deadultimateefflosmall.jpg

ok here is the carnage so far

Efflo {as you can see I have tried to chop the heck out of the stning tips to save it]

20080512.jpg

20080512_1.jpg

20080512_3.jpg

Acro "not looking so"berry "well"

20080512_2.jpg

Ya...totally blows how so many were lost. I'm not sure who was whispering in my ear but some how I managed not to get anything from that tank (although I wanted to so bad)

He chopped up at least the Ultimate Efflo and Pot of Gold Favia on the spot with a dremel as people requested a frag of a given size. Maybe more forals but I saw those take place. The rest seemed to be fragged either before I walked in that moring or before earlier that day/night before. Right when he put the frags into the display tank, they slimed like mad.

Most of them were chopped then driven up from SoCal. One of the disturbing things I saw was most of the vendors pouring the water form their transport containers into their tanks, a big no no.

I don't know what exactly Richard did, but his tank was pristine compared to most and all my frags came home and are in exceptional health still.

Suprisingly as cloudy as Todd's tank got toward the end, every coral I go from him is doing fine. the efflo and the pot o gold were cut as a large chunk with some pre cut spaces at the base, then cut up on site.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3699.msg43099#msg43099 date=1210691206]
He chopped up at least the Ultimate Efflo and Pot of Gold Favia on the spot with a dremel as people requested a frag of a given size. Maybe more forals but I saw those take place. The rest seemed to be fragged either before I walked in that moring or before earlier that day/night before. Right when he put the frags into the display tank, they slimed like mad.
[/quote]

Like Jeremy said, all but those two where fragged on friday and driven up saturday from what I understand.

It's quite common for tanks to be cloudy at these events and it usually doesn't mean death like it did this time around for some.

Yup, I'm confident we will all be taken care of. Greg said to pm him back in a month to see if he has enough growth to frag again.

Ian should I let him know as well or did you let him know that several of us were having issues? Just don't wnat to bomb him if unnecessary.

Back