Our mission

BAR Guest Speaker Craig Bingman for June 8th Meeting

Bingman_Lab-7890.jpg

Bio:

A seasoned veteran of aquarium chemistry, Craig's involvement in the marine aquarium hobby reaches back to the early 1980s. He has been involved in the reef aquarium movement since the early 1990s. Author of dozens of articles, primarily in the dearly departed Aquarium Frontiers, Craig has written extensively on reef aquarium chemistry, with an emphasis on calcification and related parameters. He is also interested in auto fluorescent pigments in corals, nutrient management, foam fractionators, activated carbon, and the biochemical dynamics of semi-closed systems.

Talk title:

Everything you always wanted to know about reef aquarium chemistry, but was afraid to ask.

Talk synopsis:

Bingman will take you on a comprehensive, whirlwind tour of the important water quality parameters that contribute to a successful reef aquarium. The tour spans billions of years and millions of miles, and winds up in your sump. The talk is interactive and engaging: you may never look at your test kits the same way again.

Time & Location

1:00pm, Saturday June 8th
Room 722, 25105 Hesperian Boulevard Hayward, California 94545
Room722Directions.png

Awesome to see Craig speaking again, he's not on the circuit much anymore.

Aquarium Frontiers was one of the best, if not the best, reef aquarium mag EVAH! The flow edition was quite inspirational back when our flow choices were limited.

looking forward to it. water parameters & chemistry are always something I seem to struggle with, so many to keep track of and knowing the relative importance of each will be a plus.

Craig asked me to post a online survey for the talk. Please take a few minutes to fill it out, as it will help Craig with data he's collecting for the talk.

https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1zDhuiAzzaKWJCt

Please help Craig with data collection through the link in the above post!

The meeting will be in Room 722. Since we may have some new members attending, the original post has been updated with directions to navigate the Chabot campus. See you all there!

any chance someone will be able to record the presentation ?
I really want to go but have prior engagements with the kids - when is that not the case really ? lol

aquaticcentral said:
any chance someone will be able to record the presentation ?
I really want to go but have prior engagements with the kids - when is that not the case really ? lol

It is a shame you won't be able to make it out, Chris. For a variety of reasons, speakers on the national circuit typically do not consent to videotaping their presentation. We should have detailed notes courtesy of Brandie posted up here.

Hope you have fun with the kids on Saturday!

Back