High Tide Aquatics

BAR needs YOU!! (we need a new banner design)

1) It's what I could find at the time when the banner was created, and more importantly

2) it fits into the design that I had envision*

* the map that is in Scott Michael's book was what I had originally wanted, but due to time constraints I didn't have time to scan it in

We have so many (actual) creative people in the club, I'm surprised we don't get more entries! Maybe we need to repost with a better thread topic? Make it a contest maybe with the winner getting some glue or a frag or something.

V

[quote author=Vincerama2 link=topic=5126.msg65565#msg65565 date=1227297253]
We have so many (actual) creative people in the club, I'm surprised we don't get more entries! Maybe we need to repost with a better thread topic? Make it a contest maybe with the winner getting some glue or a frag or something.

V[/quote]

It has to be the phase we are in right now along with the Holidays and stuff because we didn't get much response for the photo contest either. I just haven't made time myself. That coupled by the fact a lot of people aren't participating (speaking for myself at least) because we've seen so many awesome photo's/art come from club member's we don't even bother trying assuming that someone will make my stuff look like skimmate. Man, I need a self esteem class :)

The original concept of mine is supposed to have a pair of clownfish in the banner, like so.

banner_v2_small.jpg

As to the reason why it doesn't, is due to size and resolution. The source of those clownfish is online and at a very low resolution. It looks alright at it's current size, but scaling that up would look like crap.

If only there was someone w/a nice pair of picassos or snowflakes that I can shoot...

Maybe we can just work with Eric's design.

Just take Clown from the BAR logo and use the SF Bay area map instead of the Solomons.

Oh...I also like Vince's design. It's perfect for mousepads and mugs.

Personally, I like the fish design more.

http://www.justinunderwater.com/gallery/albums/favuw/Clownfish_2.jpg
http://www.justinunderwater.com/gallery/albums/favuw/Clownfish.jpg
(this guy has a lot of nice high res images)

So we're the SI Bay area or the California SF Bay Area ;)

Is it vector? That really should be a requirement IMO as that is exactly why the alst one never worked to it's fullest :)

As per BOD meeting, we need to wrap this up. We'll give until this weekend for any new ideas. Afterwards, we will open up a poll to decide on our future BAR Banner.

Please post away with your ideas!!!

[quote author=Vincerama2 link=topic=5126.msg74117#msg74117 date=1231824707]
If mine wins, I'll capitalize the "R" in reefers.

V
[/quote]

Vince, yours will not be unanimous...missing 28 votes and I am not one of them :D

I'm still pushing for a rule to be it be made in vector so we can easily make signs, stickers, t-shirts,etc flawlessly and effortlessly. Having it be non vector means if we want to do a single color silk screen we'll most likely loose some of the quality/colors/image. If it's made in a vector it's basically in the native language for the screen printers. Ditto with vinyl stickers.

I think it's a great idea to have something that's a vector drawing for those purposes (and our existing logo is great, IMO) However, I think it's also nice to have something in full color for web stuff and color printing. There's definitely room for both.

My goal with this design was to create a colorful and modern look while still tying into the design of our more graphic vector logo. It's really meant to supplement not supplant.

Maybe we can come up with a good design and then after it's chosen, vectorize it and put it in other formats.

There are a lot of creative people here, where are the entries? I think the subject of this thread should not be "Bar needs you!" It should be "New Banner Design Competition, winner gets first pick at next frag trade" or something like that.

V

Back