Neptune Aquatics

BAR Regional Frag Swap - March 9th @ Chabot College

GuyWalker1219 said:
$15 - Member of an eligible reef club (CRC, CVR, NVR, MARS, & WCR)

Does FRAG (Fresno Reef Aquarium Group)(Fragroup.org) qualify as an eligible reef club we have over 200 active members and I'm sure many would love to make the road trip. We also have had a thread created for BAR to post these type events in since our beginning late last year.

I'm pretty sure I've seen you around on the interwebs before. Thanks for chiming in here! We welcome all contributing members of FRAG to attend our regional swap. :)

humu said:
NCRC eligible?

Is that you, Joe? Thanks for chiming in here!

The discounted entry fee for members of eligible clubs is intended to encourage participation in like-minded local reefkeeping clubs in support of ethical husbandry and propagation. BAR has a long history of partnership with our friends at NCRC, including sharing the use of our web forum, however in its current incarnation NCRC is more of a virtual online association and we have no way of verifying membership. While we welcome all NCRC folks to join us at the swap, NCRC is not recognized as an eligible club for discounted entry into the swap.

lattehiatus said:
humu said:
NCRC eligible?

Yo Dave! Its been a while since I last met you at DC. :)

I kinda figured NCRC wouldn't be eligible, but figured it was worth a try. Anything to save 5 bucks!

Looking forward to the swap!

Is there a special admission fee for a tag-along Girlfriend who has no interest in Saltwater? I have one going along for the ride because she wants to eat in Berkeley after wards.

:bigsmile:

aqua-escaping said:
Is there a special admission fee for a tag-along Girlfriend who has no interest in Saltwater? I have one going along for the ride because she wants to eat in Berkeley after wards.

:bigsmile:

One out of how many, playa? ;)

The fee is only for swappers, and there is no fee for spectators. Please feel free to bring her along, but be warned that she is likely to be bored at the event if she has no interest in the hobby. Best bet is to give her the keys to the car and hope she comes back in a few hours.

lattehiatus said:
humu said:
NCRC eligible?

The discounted entry fee for members of eligible clubs is intended to encourage participation in like-minded local reefkeeping clubs in support of ethical husbandry and propagation. BAR has a long history of partnership with our friends at NCRC, including sharing the use of our web forum, however in its current incarnation NCRC is more of a virtual online association and we have no way of verifying membership. While we welcome all NCRC folks to join us at the swap, NCRC is not recognized as an eligible club for discounted entry into the swap.

How is NCRC different now then when BAR did let them in? They've always been a forum based club.

Thanks for the update David.

I'm trying to spark her interest and have her love corals as much as me. It'll makes it easier to buy new corals without having to explain to her how much they cost each and every time ;) .

I think the golden rule applies for frag sizes. Would you want a 1/4" nub of an SPS where the glue that's attaching it to the plug is larger than the frag? If not, then don't make your frags that size either :)

sfsuphysics said:
I think the golden rule applies for frag sizes. Would you want a 1/4" nub of an SPS where the glue that's attaching it to the plug is larger than the frag? If not, then don't make your frags that size either :)

This is the most practical guideline in terms of size and quality! If you think that you, as the recipient, would be disappointed, then it is likely to appear the same to someone else. Ultimately you could also think of the swap as a showcase for your growing and propagation talent - bring out the big guns and wow the entire club with what you can do! :D

aqua-escaping said:
I'm trying to spark her interest and have her love corals as much as me. It'll makes it easier to buy new corals without having to explain to her how much they cost each and every time ;) .

That is an admirable goal to strive for - there is nothing quite like sharing passion for a hobby. Best wishes for successfully converting your significant other! :)

Anyone interested to trade anything that eligible to enter for purple tip acro frags? i got about 10 that encrusted and growing well.

lattehiatus said:
sfsuphysics said:

This is the most practical guideline in terms of size and quality! If you think that you, as the recipient, would be disappointed, then it is likely to appear the same to someone else. Ultimately you could also think of the swap as a showcase for your growing and propagation talent - bring out the big guns and wow the entire club with what you can do! :D

Im trying to bring a few more than the minimum (my system has only been running full on for 3 months) but the one frag that i have that is small is of a pavona coral. Its the thin broad kind and is super hard to frag..it just breaks up into small pieces. I managed to get two half inch pieces on one plug. The other frags im bringing are bigger of course!

Hey everybody,

Long time lurker first time poster. Im hoping to attend this event and was wondering about the guidelines for quality across the different species lines.

Can someone help clarify?

Thanks,
Matt Stansbery

I recently did some trimming of my GSP rock(have about a softball sized clump) and was wondering if anyone would want it or if there is a table I can put it on and a newbie can grab it? Also, looking forward to the swap!

Back