High Tide Aquatics

BARcode releases

If there’s an
This question is as much a general one about DBTC as it is BARcode use. So, posting here.

Q: I purchased coral from members that I now want to frag and DBTC. Do I just start a new node without tying to a pa
I just released an update the includes a feature inspired by @Squist. He sent a PM asking for me to delete a frag. Well, I added an "oops" option to the three-little-dot menu. This option opens up a dialog where you can say what's wrong with the frag. When you click OK, information about the frag and your description of the problem is posted in a thread in an admin forum. My hope is that more folks will learn how to address these issues and I won't be the bottleneck in solving them.
If only I was a real boy! (smart enough)

Suspecting I'm not the first renewal since renewal alert was added to BARcode. Got my reminder today. Great feature!

IMG_0443.jpg

Would love the ability to check the "bank" that I set up awhile back (and see how they're doing) but it doesn't look like it's possible as a non-member to see the BARcodes since it doesn't look like any of it was ported over.

Also noticed that some of my pictures are broken, but can't edit/fix the post in there without "sufficient privileges"...

Last edited:
Would love the ability to check the "bank" that I set up awhile back (and see how they're doing) but it doesn't look like it's possible as a non-member to see the BARcodes since it doesn't look like any of it was ported over.

Also noticed that some of my pictures are broken, but can't edit/fix the post in there without "sufficient privileges"...
Yes, you have to be a supporting member to edit the DBTC forum threads or to access BARcode.

I can import your dbtc threads for you if you’d like.

There’s an easy and inexpensive solution to these problems...

Plus we’ve been missing you Eric!

There’s an easy and inexpensive solution to these problems...

Plus we’ve been missing you Eric!
This is one of those cases where the former supporting member is currently out of the hobby, so it doesn’t really make that much sense for them to pay to be a supporting member just to check in on dbtc. I hope to come up with a good solution to this.
Maybe there could be a way to give people (former supporting members only I think?) a temporary, like maybe one week, “guest pass” of sorts where they could view and post in the dbtc forums? It would allow them to interact with people involved in their old threads and ask for frags back of things they passed out in the past.
im sure it could be abused, but it would have to be a privilege specially granted to basically only people we recognized. Still looking for good ideas.
That one sounds like a pain in the butt for webmaster or dbtc admin(s) maybe.

Last edited:
This is one of those cases where the former supporting member is currently out of the hobby, so it doesn’t really make that much sense for them to pay to be a supporting member just to check in on dbtc. I hope to come up with a good solution to this.
Maybe there could be a way to give people (former supporting members only I think?) a temporary, like maybe one week, “guest pass” of sorts where they could view and post in the dbtc forums? It would allow them to interact with people involved in their old threads and ask for frags back of things they passed out in the past.
im sure it could be abused, but it would have to be a privilege specially granted to basically only people we recognized. Still looking for good ideas.
Looks like he just posted a new tank journal, so maybe not out of the hobby anymore lol! But still shouldn’t have to become a supporting member to access old chains he started or distributed if he wants to ask for pieces back.

I told you we needed something like this! :p

We can make that happen - see my post in the BOD forums.

Feature request:

Propose we change "in line" status language to "requested".

"In line" gives a connotation that can be perceptually misleading.

Originator can interpret requestor expecting by default.

Requestor may believe it is a matter or order processing, FIFO.

Using "requested" may help indicate no guarantee and is dependent contributors' decision, respectively .

Is there a day to add your picture to someone else’s DBTC in the “your collection” page on BarcCode? I can post pictures in the thread but if I try to edit the chain that doesn’t belong to me i can’t select add image, however I’m also dumb, so there may be a way to do this I haven’t figured out

Back