Kessil

BARcode Tanks

svreef

Webmaster
BOD
I don't know about you but I'm of the opinion that keeping accurate and comprehensive tank notes can help us learn and troubleshoot problems that may be slow to develop. I log almost everything I do to the tank in Apex Fusion. Unfortunately, Fusion's implementation is lackluster at best. It doesn't let me see what I want to see. It let's me add notes and events, but analyzing them retroactively is near impossible.

So...I decided to write my own implementation. And...I did it in BARcode, so we can all benefit. It's called "Tanks" and you will see it on the navigation bar.

Before you get too excited: I'm just getting started. The version that I released today is just a work-in-progress and is only the tip of the iceberg.

You can add your tanks with some basic info and link them to your tank journals. You can add notes and track parameters. But, that's it for now. The pretty graphs and more advanced features will follow.

So, take a look at the attached screen shots, go play with it and let me know if this is something you would use. It's probably too early for feature requests, but any and all feedback is appreciated. Let me know if you find any bugs.

Attachments

• add-alk.png
    add-alk.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 184
  • tank.png
    tank.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 171
  • tanks.png
    tanks.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 165
  • add-tank.png
    add-tank.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 170
You flippin rock with what you're doing for BAR. Thank you for the work, time, and effort required. What an incentive to update tank journals on the regular by having this feature! I wonder if it would be posible to upload historical data from GHL to update daily numbers to go along with the manual test results.

I need a favor from any of you that have an Apex and a Trident. I'm testing a feature to import Trident measurements into BARcode Tanks.
  1. Find your Apex IP address and port.
    If you don't know these, you can go to Fusion and click on the "house" icon and then "Network"

2. Now, go to your browser and enter the following in the address bar:
    http://<the IP address>:<the port>/cgi-bin/datalog.xml?sdate=220214&days=5

3. It may take a few seconds to load, but the browser should display an XML document.

4. Find your browser's "Save as" feature (in Chrome, you can just right click on the page) and save the document as "datalog.xml" file.

5. E-mail it to me at pablo@pissanetzky.com

6. Pat yourself on the back for having contributed to society ;)
Thank you!

You flippin rock with what you're doing for BAR. Thank you for the work, time, and effort required. What an incentive to update tank journals on the regular by having this feature! I wonder if it would be posible to upload historical data from GHL to update daily numbers to go along with the manual test results.
If you know how to get the data out of the ghl and want to send me a file, I can take a look.

I need a favor from any of you that have an Apex and a Trident. I'm testing a feature to import Trident measurements into BARcode Tanks.
    If you don't know these, you can go to Fusion and click on the "house" icon and then "Network"

3. It may take a few seconds to load, but the browser should display an XML document.

4. Find your browser's "Save as" feature (in Chrome, you can just right click on the page) and save the document as "datalog.xml" file.

Thank you!
sent you mine... enjoy

Thank you!
Still need more? My trident threw the "no water error" so that threw a monkey wrench into it yesterday, but I can get this info if you still need it.

It’s worth saying that the tanks area is not optimized for a phone screen - so it looks horrible. Give it a shot using a larger screen until I work that out

Update today!

I added a feature that I've been thinking about ever since I got started on BARcode:

You can now browse through all the pictures in your tank journal!​

This is really cool and makes for a fun trip down memory lane.

journal-pictures.png

If your tank journal thread is linked to your BARcode tank, BARcode will scrape your journal for all pictures you've added to your journal. It will then show them in reverse chronological order, split up by month. Clicking on a picture takes you to the relevant post in the forum.

It's a visual history of your tank!

I plan on adding the ability for it to ignore some pictures that you choose. For example, the ICP picture above, although valid and part of my journal doesn't quite belong here.

Check it out now: https://barcode.bareefers.org/bc/tanks

As you can see, a "livestock" section is coming soon. This will tie in to your coral collection and also include fish.

Update today!

I added a feature that I've been thinking about ever since I got started on BARcode:

You can now browse through all the pictures in your tank journal!​

This is really cool and makes for a fun trip down memory lane.

View attachment 35820

If your tank journal thread is linked to your BARcode tank, BARcode will scrape your journal for all pictures you've added to your journal. It will then show them in reverse chronological order, split up by month. Clicking on a picture takes you to the relevant post in the forum.

It's a visual history of your tank!

I plan on adding the ability for it to ignore some pictures that you choose. For example, the ICP picture above, although valid and part of my journal doesn't quite belong here.

Check it out now: https://barcode.bareefers.org/bc/tanks

As you can see, a "livestock" section is coming soon. This will tie in to your coral collection and also include fish.
Really cool work!

Thank you!
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<datalog software="5.06L_2B22" hardware="1.0">
<hostname>Great_room</hostname>
<serial>AC5:19259</serial>
<timezone>-8.00</timezone>
<record>
<date>02/23/2022 00:00:00</date>
<probe>
<name>Tmp</name>
<type>Temp</type>
<value>78.3</value>
</probe>
<probe>