Our mission

barreefers.org isn't working on Google Chrome...

2007 is fine, but is is awkward at first if you are used to win 2003. I have no experience with 2010. I have 2007 on 2 comps and 2003 on one.

half our company is on it and when I use their Outlook or Publisher I get lost. Good thing I have an http://www.lynda.com/ account :lol: so glad I pushed for it.

I never use outlook anymore. I just use Thunderbird, so I can't comment there....and never used publisher :p
If it is like the other 2003-->2010, you need to get used to the new ribbon menu.

Yup the ribbon menu is what trips me up. can't find squat, good thing I know hot keys.

I have to use Outlook due to our network, how back-ups work, etc.

Gomer said:
2007 is fine, but is is awkward at first if you are used to win 2003. I have no experience with 2010. I have 2007 on 2 comps and 2003 on one.

Personally I hate the changes from Office 03 to office 07. It is very clunky and I had to almost relearn where everything was. Belive me i use excel about 10 hours every day so it is a big deal to me.

Oh crap... I have a ton of Excel work coming up :( Maybe I can get them to hold off on my upgrade. I can't be doing that work and learning at the same time.

People still use that antiquated software like Excel and Word on has-been hardware like a PC?
Losers.
:)

Pop out your iPad, and get "numbers" or "pages" on the app store.

So you just called a vast majority of the business world losers. Hope you choke on your Apple. Just another Apple Fan Boy. You guys are a dime a dozen and say that same thing. You walk lockstep with each other. Total South Park episode.... "smug"

Yes, fortune 500 companies fricken use iPads... they are techno tampons to the business world.

rygh said:
People still use that antiquated software like Excel and Word on has-been hardware like a PC?
Losers.

I challenge you to do what I do on Word/Excel with Numbers and Pages ;)

We can make a bet on this and I can retire early :p

Gomer said:
rygh said:
Losers.

+100000000000

I'm constantly looking in the help section or googling how to use stuff on Excel 2007. 2003 is so much easier to use. I couldn't figure out how to freeze the damn frame! :~

Well I couldn't shut off a Vista computer two years ago. I was on a flight with a cute lady that was interviewing me on the leg from PHX to OAK. She got up to go to the bathroom and asked if I would save the interview and shut it down (we were landing soon). Couldn't do it. Way to impress the ladies. (she did ask to go to dinner, but Southwest lost my bags and by the time I got done with them (2 hours), she was tired and it was midnight so I just brought her home)

sfboarders said:
I'm constantly looking in the help section or googling how to use stuff on Excel 2007. 2003 is so much easier to use. I couldn't figure out how to freeze the damn frame! :~

Overall it is way more powerful, but they really made a mess of some of the simple day to day tasks.

seminolecpa said:
sfboarders said:

Overall it is way more powerful, but they really made a mess of some of the simple day to day tasks.
Go windows go!

For the Excel users in the new Windows7, there is a software (I believe came with the windows package) where you can select the location of the function in the Old Excel and in return the software will show some screenshots of where to find the function in the New Excel.

GreshamH said:
Well I couldn't shut off a Vista computer two years ago. I was on a flight with a cute lady that was interviewing me on the leg from PHX to OAK. She got up to go to the bathroom and asked if I would save the interview and shut it down (we were landing soon). Couldn't do it. Way to impress the ladies. (she did ask to go to dinner, but Southwest lost my bags and by the time I got done with them (2 hours), she was tired and it was midnight so I just brought her home)

Yours or hers? :D

seminolecpa said:
Gomer said:
rygh said:
Losers.

+100000000000

You don't understand - those features you think you care about are simply not important.
Conform and be assimilated....

Gresh as for the office 2007 or 2010 question. If you have the option go directly to 2010. 2007 will piss you off like no other (no more menu's everything's freaking buttons). 2010's no better but the buttons are a bit better and more organized. Also 2007 somewhat lags (kind of like how vista does) 2010 is a bit more optimized I think.

You have been warned about the buttons!

Crud.. I think they are doing a 2007 for me at first. That's what I see on other stations. Maybe they'll make an exception, probably not though given how we buy group licenses.

Back