Cali Kid Corals

BE REALLY CAREFUL WITH TANKS CLOSE TO YOU!

So, just a tip for people with tanks in their offices!
Quick Story Time!
I had my 40g tank sitting closing to my desk a while ago once I just finished setting it up.

The light was not hitting me in anyways, well just a little bit, but I thought it was ok.

A month in I saw that my left arm (the side closer to the tank) was getting a bit darker than the right (and I have brown-ish skin) and it was very scratchy!

In conclusion... the Kessils even thou they are not hitting you directly or you are getting just a bit of light spill WILL GIVE YOU TAN!!! The light coming from the reflection and little light spill was enough to give me a tan.

The UV output on those lights are high, and I figure that on the worst way ;);).

So, if you have one in your office.. just be careful and stay away from skin cancer :(.

I think it’s just the direct exposure that is dangerous. Once it goes through glass or water I’m pretty sure it blocks the UV.

I think it’s just the direct exposure that is dangerous. Once it goes through glass or water I’m pretty sure it blocks the UV.
Yeah that'strue, but mine wasn't direct exposure thou.

Was mostly light spill from the tank. Had almost none coming directly from the light, at least not hitting me.

[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Close like this? :)

Attachments

• 20190712_110913.jpg
    20190712_110913.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 249
That's for sure. In all seriousness, i make sure i have sunscreen when i muck around with the tanks or get close to frag tanks...

I've had my skin feel sensitive after sessions before so started being more cautious

That's for sure. In all seriousness, i make sure i have sunscreen when i muck around with the tanks or get close to frag tanks...

I've had my skin feel sensitive after sessions before so started being more cautious
Just be careful with sunscreen in fish tanks thou. One of the reason so many Hawaiian corals are dying is due the sunscreen and the effect on the corals.

When working on tanks I dont think it's a good idea to have anything on your skin.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up enaldy! I also feel that itchiness whenever my arms are under my primes for an extended period of time. Never thought it was from the UV

Back