Our mission

Best under $20 item you've ever bought for Reefing

This is my submission: 4"x7" mesh bag with Velcro closure. $6 from Neptune. Use it over the top of my return outlets after a water change to catch any debris / pieces of cheato that gets sent out after the pump restarts. Also put it over the outlets while the pumps are running (turn off the circulation pumps) so I can target feed and the food will stay on the corals and give them time to ingest it.

Attachments

• PXL_20220611_181645972.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220611_181645972.MP.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 103
  • PXL_20220611_181719762.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220611_181719762.MP.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 102
I've mentioned these before, but these 2 for $20 feeding syringes are amazing:

Aquarium Choice Coral Feeder Long Syringe Tube 2021 Newest Version 58CM/22.83Inch Length Two Units(Patented Product) https://a.co/d/hcUbUAf

They pull a good amount of fluid or food in, and are very easy to use one handed whether you want to drip out reef roids or squirt bigger food chunks at LPS/anemones. I've bought a large variety of other feeders, including the big pipettes, the two fishies Julian's thing, and turkey basters. These are way cheaper and far superior to all of them.

View attachment 39213
View attachment 39214
I do all my feeding with the wheel. Works great.
Just got this based on your suggestion. I took one for a quick spin this afternoon and will be putting them into student use next week! Outstanding for target feeding. I thought it would be bulky, but nope. Fed everyone in 20” deep tank without getting wet, good control, and no spilling out on its own. Didn’t have time to get it working with the tip on. Thanks for the suggestion @richiev

Just got this based on your suggestion. I took one for a quick spin this afternoon and will be putting them into student use next week! Outstanding for target feeding. I thought it would be bulky, but nope. Fed everyone in 20” deep tank without getting wet, good control, and no spilling out on its own. Didn’t have time to get it working with the tip on. Thanks for the suggestion @richiev
Glad you liked it! I honestly am shocked at how useful they continue to be.

Back