Jestersix

Best way to frag a war coral

As the title implies, I was wondering what the best way to frag my war coral. I think it's reached a fraggable size and I'd like to contribute a piece to DBTC and also give one to my brother. Can you use a dremel? I've also read that you can use a razor blade but I feel that might be a bit messy. The geometry of the war coral is like a mountain on a frag plug so I'm wondering if I can just lop the top off with my dremel (using a diamond blade) and cut it into a couple pieces.

if it's thin enough (i.e. not on a large rock) a good thin flat head screw driver and a good quick whack works for me... however I think further LPS fragging I need to make a trip to Bryan or Ian's place and see what they can do with their diamond band saws :D

Sounds good Bryan. It's not huge by any means but big enough to frag and donate to the club in my opinion! Haha! Do you have one of these already? If not, a frag is definitely yours for your troubles! ;) Are you around this weekend? Sorry I forgot to call you last weekend for the chaeto pickup. My brother was in town since we went to a wedding and I just got totally sidetracked.

I posted a pic on my tank journal but here it is again for size reference (fraggable?):

Warcoral20090824.jpg

Durwin did you get that from Boun? If so its from aquatic collection. That coral has made it to the BAR DBTC.

Ian, yeah, I got that coral from Boun. He got it from you, right? Oh, ok, if that's the case, then maybe I'll hold back on putting it into DBTC.

I have a large DBTC piece that I need to be fragging up soon. I was just waiting for it to recover from it's unhappy blight with salinity (apparently mine didn;t like 1.027). It's made a big turn around and should be diced by the next gen meeting.

If that was for me, I got "the" band saw already..but the Refuge at another date sounds like a plan
If that was not for me, ...umm.. the Refuge at another date sounds like a plan

iani said:
Durwin did you get that from Boun? If so its from aquatic collection. That coral has made it to the BAR DBTC.

I also have put ~20 frags from the OG colony in previous BAR fragswaps :) I got a HUGE chunk of Matt's shortly after he got it (I ID'd it for him ;) ). The OG looks different then a lot I see. It had light blue streaks in it:)

Back