Neptune Aquatics

Best way to open a crate box with my tank in it?

kinetic

Supporting Member
I’ve been trying to open this box that has my new tank, but I’ve already broken two tools trying to pry all the nails off, and still have about 45 nails to go. I’m almost an hour in and can’t open the box. Am I just completely stupid? What do I do?

DAE68A88-953D-4227-848B-637727146B0F.jpeg

DB96C1CA-B5F6-49FB-BB2B-323BEA8DEF3D.jpeg

CC6B28E9-B496-4B97-B352-6EC30D8A6192.jpeg

Who's is the mfg? Who would built an indestructible cage?
Like @Arvin R mentioned, it’s an ELOS tank. They really overbuilt this box (in a good way). It even had security built in by stripping/rounding some of the key screws, and then just using super deeply embedded nails.

I’ve had Red Sea tanks come cracked, so I was worried, but this was a tank in a… tank (like military tank).

Like @Arvin R mentioned, it’s an ELOS tank. They really overbuilt this box (in a good way). It even had security built in by stripping/rounding some of the key screws, and then just using super deeply embedded nails.

I’ve had Red Sea tanks come cracked, so I was worried, but this was a tank in a… tank (like military tank).
Making the crate so hard to open is not a safety feature, it is a significant risk to the tank. Securely packed and relatively easy to unpack without use of excessive force is the way to do it.

Back