High Tide Aquatics

Blue Tang Behavior

Eileen those are beautiful wrasses and yes they are good jumpers ... but this is the special olympic and those fishies are too perfect to qualify :D :D

Nuke proof don't give up so soon bud :D :D bring out the MR wrasse ... btw MR does not stand for mister :D

Arnold's solution for everything is add more fish LOL and I've tried that but the two wrasses that I added havent come out of hiding for 2 weeks now. I might have to rebuilt my speargun and go watermelon wrasse hunting :D I am home alone allllll day today ;)

Could you make me one Northbay? I want to try that on my Asshole Tang......I mean Sohal Tang when he steals all the food from the corals. >:(

That the main reason i refuse to put it my tank,soha is so aggresive.i can't put anything else in there.so far all my wrasses are accounted for.no jumper yet.knock on wood.:)

lapsan

Eileen, I don't like going BB so atleast you know that I won't be caught with my pant down :D

Nukeproof, the sohol is very easy to catch, I made this fish trap that you can borrow sometime, it is made out of acrylic with the feeder tube and a slinding door tied to some fishing line, you can catch him in no time at all.

Lapsan, I used to have one, and he was the king and beat up on all the other tang and swam so fast that he kno0cks all my corals over ... I would never put another in my reef.

Speaking of wrasse jumpers - that's the reason why the last time when I had to disassemble the canopy (all for the purple wrasse too) to get a fish out, I stapled (e.g. staple gun not paper stapler :D) black screen material over any openings in the back.

It's kept them in so far.

I finally caught the watermelon wrasse ..... :D :D I just addes 2 carpenters wrasses, two whipped tail fary wrasses, one eightline dottyback, and 1 leopard wrasse .... all the fishies are getting along so far :D now all I have to do a build a net for the top just incase they jump

Wrasses are fun aren't they? ;D

I just added a solarensis and a flasher wrasse to the tank while I went to retrieve the wayward lineatus. The lineatus is not the object of harassment any longer, the solarensis is (thank goodness I picked the larger of the two at the LFS).

Yeah wrasses are cool here check out my new guy, I name him zoolander, he is styking a new pose :D

IMG_6629_edited.jpg

Nice wrasses people. I'm reluctant to buy any expensive wrasse since I lost over $600 on those frequent flyers.

Lapsan - The Sohal is actually pretty cool with other Tangs. I was able to put in a Blue and a Purple after him and he never bother them. He only fight with the Yellow but I think the Yellow was the one who always starts it. He is just a pig and will eat anything in sight. I actually like him a lot. It's only when he is taking all the food from the corals that piss me off. Also, he seems to never sleep. He feeds even after the lights are out when I'm trying to feed the corals. None of the other fish are in sight.

I almost bought a pair of fairy wrasse from LiveAquaria -

Tongan Flame Wrasse pair

or

Bath pair

I couldn't figure out which one I wanted so I decided I wouldn't either :D

Back