got ethical husbandry?

Blue tang gives an Emerald Crab a piggyback ride!

dochou

Supporting Member
So I just bought a blue tang from Amazon Pets last week and it has been pretty shy.
When I was feeding the tank yesterday I noticed the tang swim across the tank with an emerald crab holding on to it! The tang was bucking like a bronco trying to shake it off. Then it ducked back into the rock and I couldn't see it anymore.
Has anyone ever seen this?
I was afraid there was something wrong with the tang. How could it let a crab attach like that? The tang is about 3-4 inches and the crab is like the size of a Quarter.
The tang seems fine now. It stays in the rockworks and I am not sure if it is eating. Any way to get him to eat?

Or a typically aggressive crab. I laugh when people say mithrax are 100% reef safe :p

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=4376.msg53405#msg53405 date=1219460428]
Or a typically aggressive crab. I laugh when people say mithrax are 100% reef safe :p
[/quote]
yea i learned that the hard way. I was told they were ok and i have a very nice large red on red coco worm and the night i put it in he decided he didnt like it and cut it down. He also went and killed 4 other larger colored feather dusters as well.

Back