Reef nutrition

Brandie's 210 Upgrade

Man having peeked in here in over a week.

Judging by the tape width there your silicone seams look absolutely gigantic. Regardless of size, and sniff test, note that the cure time listed on the silicone is for the size that the container says (usually a 1/8" bead) which often is WAY smaller than what we do in our aquariums. Cure time increases exponentially with size, so even though the top layer by be cured and passed the sniff test you could run into some issue later on.

Now if you've been sitting empty for a month, I wouldn't worry a bit and just ignore me :D

Cured for almost three, leak tested just about two ;) give me a few more days and it will be two weeks. Haha. Planned on emptying it out after the skimmer is ordered. That way we can have the backing on the tank and everything is ready to go the day the skimmer shows up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Man having peeked in here in over a week.

Judging by the tape width there your silicone seams look absolutely gigantic. Regardless of size, and sniff test, note that the cure time listed on the silicone is for the size that the container says (usually a 1/8" bead) which often is WAY smaller than what we do in our aquariums. Cure time increases exponentially with size, so even though the top layer by be cured and passed the sniff test you could run into some issue later on.

Now if you've been sitting empty for a month, I wouldn't worry a bit and just ignore me :D
The tape width was just for the extraneous runoff of silicone. The actual bead itself is not that big, relative to the tank size.

What issues later on we're you thinking of? Just it completely failing?

the chemical curing process, it can emit some nasty nasty stuff that can wipe out a tank's inhabitants in no time flat. But if you have a relatively thin layer then no worries.

Ah, yeah, I think the curing has already run its course. Since we're still waiting on the skimmer, there really should be no emissions from the silicone by the time livestock gets into the tank.

So, after talking to Aquarium Specialty and RLSS, I have decided to no longer wait on the skimmer, and we are ordering an Aquamaxx CO3. I was going to order the EcoMaxx EM300, but reached out to AquaMaxx to see what their ratings were based on, just in case. Good thing I did, because their ratings are based on the low end :) hopefully this time next week I'll be posting that we have the tank on the stand and that the plumbing is curing!

So the CO3 is the largest ConeS skimmer right? That one looked like a good skimmer as well. That should be more than sufficiently rated for the 210. Let me know if you need help with anything now that you're getting this build going :) I'm excited to see it get going!

So I saw this and thought of you with all those tangs. Watch your fingers when you're working on the tank!
http://blog.aquanerd.com/2013/10/when-tangs-attack.html

Yup! Rated for 500 gallons but that's lightly/medium stocked. I will be on the heavier side of stocked, so before putting in an order, I contacted Aquamaxx and asked them what they thought. Their recommendation was the larger one.

Now we are moving! Finally! Damn RLSS with their shoddy customer service!

Skimmer is in the sump, the new pump is in place, Denzil's getting the backing out on the tank and I'm cleaning up the glass! Once we get the backing on, I'm going to put the wp25s in place, then I'll post up pics!

For all you non believers :p I will post up progress pics on lunch haha. Didn't get a chance to do so last night.

4esyjutu.jpg

Looks like photochops:)

Nice. Very nice.
What light fixture are you using ?
Is there water in there?
Have you hook up the wp60 yet, and how many are you using?

Back