Cali Kid Corals

BRS shipping...

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
Does anyone else have a problem with brs shipping? The last couple orders I've placed I have paid for the better shipping option. The last three times I check to see if it's been delivered on the day it's supposed to it says it's still a week out. Like today I was supposed to recieve a new pump for water changes and some di resin. I look and now it says expected the 6th. It's just frustrating.

Yeah their expedited shipping and their regular shipping are both highly variable. A couple years ago I placed 2 orders on 1 day because I needed 1 item expedited and the rest I didn’t. The regular shipping stuff came a couple days earlier. I only order from BRS if I don’t need it soon.

Also this time of year there's huge backlogs in the entire shipping chain, so guarantees for smaller retailers like BRS are probably at the bottom of the queue

BRS shipping has always been slow for me and they frequently send multiple shipments instead of consolidating the order.

I like marine depot for fast shipping because most of their stuff will ship from the DC in Vegas.

Not BRS related but I placed an order for a couple sensors for my furnace and it took USPS 21 days to deliver a 1 oz first class envelope.

BRS shipping has always been slow for me and they frequently send multiple shipments instead of consolidating the order.

I like marine depot for fast shipping because most of their stuff will ship from the DC in Vegas.
I think the reason for not always consolidating is that some items may be drop shipped directly from the manufacturer; meaning that BRS doesn’t physically have the item in their warehouse. Otherwise it doesn’t make sense.

Not BRS related but I placed an order for a couple sensors for my furnace and it took USPS 21 days to deliver a 1 oz first class envelope.
Yeah my cousin mailed out Christmas cards 2 weeks before Christmas from Colorado, his mom got hers 2 days before Christmas, still haven't seen mine.

Ordered my lights on the 23, scheduled delivery on jan 5. First time ordering from them too. Bad first time experience... slow customer service. Maybe just bad time to order...

I used BRS for years. This last year their shipment and customer support dropped a bit from what they used to.
Now I use marine depot whos shipment is almost always faster than expected. Sometimes I get my items the next day even. Also i feel marine depot product catalog is bigger than BRS now.

I dont mind having flexible delivery dates for the free shipping. My issue is when I pay extra for expedited shipping I expect it to be faster than the free option.
That exactly what pissed me off as it became a norm.
You will pay extra, yet get your shipment later than the date of free shipping.
Marine depot is exactly the opposite now. You go free shipping, you get most if your item the next day or 2. I think it has something to do with the fact that they have a facility in Nevada..

The other thing that irks me about BRS shipping is that even when you qualify for free shipping, the shopping cart defaults to paid shipping even though the service time is only like 1-2 days different (if any different). AND if you use a coupon code or any other changes to the order later after manually selecting free shipping, the cart reverts back to paid shipping without explicitly telling you and on the later screens where shipping options aren’t visible. So IF you notice it you have go back to shipping options and manually select free shipping again. If you don’t notice you wind up paying for your free shipping.

It might just be poor shopping cart coding, but it’s amazing how bugs that result it more revenue to the company don’t get fixed as quickly as those that result in losses.

I don't know if they fixed it, maybe not? But I noticed a bug some time back where if you used the "Checkout Now" button so that it bypasses all the review order screens there is a possibility it shows shipping as free, right until you click the "Place Order" button then it shows you shipping has been charged. Now this is a special situation that requires you to have your credit card info stored on the site but yeah... I tried to show them an example of it, showing me not only putting an item that only cost $13.50 into the cart, but also it was "live" so wouldn't qualify for free shipping and instead of "I see we'll look into that" I get "Well Algae Barn doesn't offer free shipping" ... and I'm pulling my hair out screaming "WHY DOES IT SHOW FREE ON THE SCREEN!!!!"

So I placed a marine depot order on Sunday, 2 small items, one coming from west coast, one from east. Did the free ship option. We'll see how long they take!

Shipping is bad everywhere.
I ordered a replacement oven burner, and it is stuck in Florida somewhere for 3 weeks now.

But I do agree that BRS seems to have gone downhill.
I actually used to like the limited selection - because a lot of what was missing was junk products.
They took pride in testing and selling the best. (Mostly ... it is a business after all)
Now, it is just limited. Plenty of junk products mixed in.
Although I do like the cash back "points"

Back