Reef nutrition

Bubble algae problem

No one is willing to do the research or fund it i personally made my YouTube channel for just that give people information im not afraid to talk about a company because no one gave me anything for free and if i did get something i would tell them that full disclosure i will speak my mind positive or negative

Just because they are promoting it doesn’t necessarily mean it doesn’t work they make videos on radions kessil hydra and even black boxes i am always cautious but if you are in a tight spot nothing to loose and that’s where i was and it worked well for me
Agreed, I did not say I do not believe them. I said I take it with a grain of salt. To me BRS is one data from am experimced reefer(some times biased one:))

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Totally get it my man. I know you and I have never suspected you have a hidden motive with a post...
I love your videos and youtube channel btw...

I really appreciate it
Many people think there are strings attached that’s why i wanted to clarify
Even with the build series (that i have been working on for a year plus) i purchased everything and if i were to get anything free or discounted i would mention it and give my honest opinion (it’s not on YouTube or the forums yet it will be once it’s done)

I want people to stay in the hobby i feel most loose interest when they are given false information or misguided

Just a note: YouTube doesn’t pay well its literally like a dollar for 500 views and forum views are not counted since the videos are imbedded going to these places cost allot
it’s not for profit it’s for other people to enjoy the hobby with me

I really appreciate it
Many people think there are strings attached that’s why i wanted to clarify
Even with the build series (that i have been working on for a year plus i purchased everything and if i were to get anything free or discounted i would mention it and give my honest opinion

I want people to stay in the hobby i feel most loose interest when they are given false information or misguided

Just a note: YouTube doesn’t pay well its literally like a dollar for 500 views and forum views are not counted since the videos are imbedded going to these places cost allot
it’s not for profit it’s for other people to enjoy the hobby with me
I do enjoy your youtube videos..its really good high quality channel...

I have looked into Vibrant a fair bit, and eventually ended up trying it.
In theory, it is a combination of a "good" bacteria and carbon dosing.
There is a rumor that it includes a bit of algaecide, but supposedly manufacturer denies it.
OS it should be similar to vodka dosing + those beneficial bacteria additives.
That should slowly compete against the algae, and reduce nutrients.

Two major issues:
1) The manufacturer is being VERY secretive about exactly what is in it.
Understandable, but also very common for snake oil salesmen.
2) Vodka/bacteria dosing is not without risk.
You can get bacteria blooms, which can cause havoc.
You can get Cyano, which may be worse than algae.

I tried it on strong advice from a friend. A whole bottle as directed over several weeks I think (I forget). No noticeable effect.
Proves nothing of course.

... OS it should be similar to vodka dosing + those beneficial bacteria additives.

Two major issues:

I dose white vinegar(similar principal to vodka) / Kalk + 2 and can attest to the Cyano blooms. It's pretty much controlled now, but I've had a couple of pretty major outbreaks with little / no change in any chemistry or usage.

I am no expert but if you dont follow the rules then when you fail don’t blame the product blame the “experiment” you just tested out

Except that with products like this - ones that are supposed to do something amazing but how and what the products are cannot be shared - even if you follow the rules, if you don't have the results people say you should get you are told to use the product again in a different way. I was incredibly frustrated with ATS, because every time I tried one, I did exactly what I was told to do, but when the results were poor, I was told I was doing it wrong. I don't know if Vibrant falls completely into this, but it has that shape. I think they even hedge this by saying that the product works differently in every aquarium.

Vibrant eats algea
Do you mean that literally or figuratively?

algea is full of nutrients
All those extra nutrients you just created need to be exported somehow

Maybe, but the amount that needs to be exported will be different in every tank. It also feels to me like this may be an odd focus as lots of tanks are able to take nutrient hits with no problem. Has someone run ongoing nutrient profiles while dosing Vibrant?

Except that with products like this - ones that are supposed to do something amazing but how and what the products are cannot be shared - even if you follow the rules, if you don't have the results people say you should get you are told to use the product again in a different way. I was incredibly frustrated with ATS, because every time I tried one, I did exactly what I was told to do, but when the results were poor, I was told I was doing it wrong. I don't know if Vibrant falls completely into this, but it has that shape. I think they even hedge this by saying that the product works differently in every aquarium.

Do you mean that literally or figuratively?

Maybe, but the amount that needs to be exported will be different in every tank. It also feels to me like this may be an odd focus as lots of tanks are able to take nutrient hits with no problem. Has someone run ongoing nutrient profiles while dosing Vibrant?

The owner claims that it eats not sure i thought literally

That’s why they want you to start slow some even half dose
Not that i know of i think brs is doing a vibrant test but then again they are selling the stuff too

I used it and it removed all algea from bubbles (my rock was covered) to the algea on the glass

I did get cyano
the cyano i had came on a frag i didn’t remove it because it was a high end piece figured it would go away
i also neglected the tank a bit at that time allot was happening i missed water changes
i see that it could have been avoided

I have looked into Vibrant a fair bit, and eventually ended up trying it.
In theory, it is a combination of a "good" bacteria and carbon dosing.
There is a rumor that it includes a bit of algaecide, but supposedly manufacturer denies it.
OS it should be similar to vodka dosing + those beneficial bacteria additives.

Two major issues:

I tried it on strong advice from a friend. A whole bottle as directed over several weeks I think (I forget). No noticeable effect.
Proves nothing of course.

It is however, exactly the kind of anecdote that often gets brushed under the rug around products like this. The stuff that supports the product gets remembered, while what doesn't gets largely ignored.

I do find the idea of the product interestings, and some of the results seem promising, however, the secrets and non reliable results make me squint.

The owner claims that it eats not sure i thought literally

That’s why they want you to start slow some even half dose
Not that i know of i think brs is doing a vibrant test but then again they are selling the stuff too

I used it and it removed all algea from bubbles (my rock was covered) to the algea on the glass

I did get cyano
the cyano i had came on a frag i didn’t remove it because it was a high end piece figured it would go away
i also neglected the tank a bit at that time allot was happening i missed water changes
i see that it could have been avoided
The cyano part is one of the typical symptoms of carbon over dose.
Which is more indication that all what this product is, bacteria and carbon. No more or less than dr. Tim bacteria products.
I have more trust with dr. Tim's product since its developed by a biologist, vibrant is not close to that;)

The cyano part is one of the typical symptoms of carbon over dose.
Which is more indication that all what this product is, bacteria and carbon. No more or less than dr. Tim bacteria products.
I have more trust with dr. Tim's product since its developed by a biologist, vibrant is not close to that;)

The amount of vinegar it has isn’t enough to be a carbon dose

I love dr tims but dr tims didn’t get rid of all my bubble algea

There was a thread on here from at least a year ago where it seemed like a half dozen members tried it out in their tanks with various types of algae with varying results. I’ll have to see if I can dig it up. I think it was Dick Flanegan (I think that’s his name) who started the thread. Does anyone remember his user name?

Back