Kessil

CAD Lights 46G

Thanks! Some of the older frags are more like mini colonies now (like the bonsai). I wouldn't consider them to be colonies until they're at least palm size and they aren't that. They're like half that size so they're minis. :) They are consuming my alk though as I just measured my alk after being out of the office for a week.

Slow grower.
purple_monster_4months_052017.jpg

Homewrecker continuing to color up.
tris_homewrecker_052017.jpg

Same with this shortcake. Base colors slowing coming in.
wild_ssc_052017.jpg

Another recovering piece, the BC bubblebath unicorn.
bc_bubble_bath_unicorn_052017.jpg

Not everything is well though. Here's a Paletta pink tip that lost tissue at the base. I moved it up for more light and the base isn't liking it at all.
paletta_pink_tip_052017.jpg

I like the Garf/purple bonsai with contrasting green polyps. It looks like it's growing well - would you say these are relatively fast growers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Compared to the others, yes. It's a pretty hardy piece over all and over the course of 10 months has grown from 2 little sticks into a 2.5" x 3" mini colony.

garf_bonsai_081516.jpg

The other piece that's growing really quick is the bottom middle one with the green and purples. Looks like a Cali tort and grows like a champ.

yellow_base_with_purple_tips_tort_071616.jpg

Call me a sucker for the old school ones, that cali/becker/beckett/whatever tort in the upper corner tugs at my heart strings since that coral would grow anywhere i put it... I finally had to stop replanting frags when I accidentally broke them off.

Good eye, Mike. The top left is the Becker tort and to the right of that is the Oregon tort. A number of these will make it into DBTC one day, after I grow them out into actual colonies.

Yeah, well it has the signature blue base with dark blue polyps, and places where it's a bit more shaded it tends to green up a bit. But damn you're better than me with taking pictures of it, I seem to recall whenever I tried to take a picture it always looked overly purple, ditto with my Palmer Blue mille

Haha! SPS are way easier to shoot than a lot of stuff. Snapped 24 pics and used 23 of them since I didn't like the angle of the 24th one. :p

Palmer's blue. That's another one that's an oldie that I wouldn't mind picking up, but then I'd have to get something else to balance off all the blues in the tank. Gonna be heading down to SoCal this weekend and do a few tank tours and pick up some frags from my buddy. A couple of them are old school (GC efflo and pink panther) and a couple will be ultra slow growing Montis.

Both the beach bum and the crazy t are slow growing montis. Still down in SoCal and visited a bunch of LFS today. Wholesaler tomorrow and then driving back up north...and then back to work on Monday when I can post the pics.

looking to get a cadlight system or red sea reefer. trying to decide what's best. your setup is nice btw.

Thanks! I would go with the red sea reefer over any cadlight system. Customer service and communication is horrible with cadlights!

Never heard of crazy t. Got a pic?

Here are some pics. ;)

RR Crazy T
rr_crazy_t_061917.jpg

JF Beach Bum
jf_beach_bum_061917.jpg

Both were mounted on 1.5" discs for size reference.

Also, picked up the following.

RR Canada Pink Cadillac
rr_canada_pink_cadillac_061817.jpg

Hoping this one pulls through. OG pink panther.
pink_panther_061917.jpg

Likewise with this one. This is the most sensitive sps that I've ever experienced. Polyps are currently bailing out on it. I'll let you guys know which this piece is if it makes it. Otherwise, it's just a white stick...
vivid_confetti_061917.jpg

The base colors are also slightly different. These suckers just didn't like the 6 hour drive along with the dip that they went through. They have quite a bit of coloring up to do.

The nodules makes them look like danae, but I'm not sure since the species aren't listed on either JF or the RR sites.

Back