Kessil

Can anybody please help with plumbing? Sunnyvale area

I'm desperate... yesterday I came back from my Xmas holidays and I discovered that my external sump pump was dead so today after work I purchased a new one (Jebao DCP-6500), of course this new one has the intake and outflow holes and positions different than my previous one (was an old one) so I purchased couplings, epoxy, etc... but after many hours of trying, I gave up, there were leaks everywhere and even before starting the pump. I'm just not handy at all, I'm struggling.

I live in Sunnyvale, so if there is someone a bit handy that could come to my place tomorrow to help me with it, I would really appreciate it and I can of course pay you, give you anemones, zoas....
I believe it would not take long and I have all needed things. I attach a picture of my set up, I think is not a complex one but I'm just really bad at this.

Now my 100 gallon tank is running with an external canister but I can already see that the corals are suffering a lot (not sure how many days they have been without sump and skimmer.

Really appreciate if anybody could help.

Attachments

• IMG_3306.jpg
    IMG_3306.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 265
The previous pump was a Sealife model dating back from 2006, the company doesn't even exist anymore.

Basically the intake and outtake holes were smaller and different that this new Jebao and now I can't make it work. I bought the current setup about a year ago, and back then even the previous owner gave everything as he had it, I spent almost a whole day until I could fix all leakages.

I wouldn't trust those jebao for external use. That small oring seems so cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wouldn't trust those jebao for external use. That small oring seems so cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I read good reviews on the Jebao and Ed from ClearWater Aquarium (where I bought it) was using them in his store tanks. Also I don't think the pump is the problem but my ineptitude to connect the plumbing tubes.

Jaebo is not really a good external pump solution.
Overheats, leaks, not the best.

I would strongly suggest you try to put it in the sump.

The plumbing issue is that the main pump threads are not tapered like normal pipe fittings.
It is really set up to work with flex tubing.

Seems like a big pump for 3/4 pipe also.
How many GPH are you looking for?
I might have a spare pan-world external that would work well with that setup.

I wish I was closer to help.

Jaebo is not really a good external pump solution.
Overheats, leaks, not the best.

I would strongly suggest you try to put it in the sump.

The plumbing issue is that the main pump threads are not tapered like normal pipe fittings.
It is really set up to work with flex tubing.

Seems like a big pump for 3/4 pipe also.
How many GPH are you looking for?
I might have a spare pan-world external that would work well with that setup.

I wish I was closer to help.
Yes, the pipe is 3/4 which was the previous one holes diameters and this one has bigger holes. This is the model that I was recommended for a 100 gallon tank.

Regarding how many GPH I'm looking for, not sure, but also doesn't needs to be a lot because I have an external canister and 2 wave makers inside the tank.

I could use the Jebao inside the sump (where Clear Water uses them) but is a pity because the one I have in the sump is working and is much cheaper and smaller but makes is work in the sump.

I may have a 3/4" external pump for you , I asked about the picture to know better your plumbing set-up
Attached a picture of my previous one.

It was already in the trash bin. :). Thanks a lot Mario and rygh for your help. I'm understanding that the Jebao should be used inside the sump and I need to use a 3/4 external one that needs to be more reliable.

Attachments

• IMG_3307.jpg
    IMG_3307.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 232
nice, like others had said I wouldn't use it externally. if your still having trouble give us a call, we charge $90 per hour for home visits. good luck.
Thanks, I'll keep your contact info for the future because today Xcaret (Mario) gave another pump that was identical to my older one and it works perfectly and no leakages. I'm the Jebao inside the sump.

Also in any case, I wake this morning to a malfunction heater and I have lost everything in my tank (just opened another post about it), now trying clean it...

HUGE thanks to @dochou for the pump, he kindly gave me a couple of those pumps for my tank and had one as spare (you never know when Murphy’s Law? will kick in)

I've cleaned the pump and the pump does work; it was too much build up inside the volute that stopped it; pump has an internal electronic piece that might shut the pump off by itself.
A lot of salt creep on the outside seeped between pant and metal casing causing the paint to peel off easily.
There is some rust but I'm not going to take the rotor piece apart.
I will, however, let it air dry, set it on a shelf and apply a nice coat of paint once weather is right or in about 10000 years from now (cause I tend to forget things pretty easy).
So "moraleja" take your pump apart and inspect/clean the volute and impeller at least once a year; twice would be better.

Back