High Tide Aquatics

Canceled- Event: How to Frag/Dip Corals

Joining?

• Total voters
I’ll try to make it, but not sure what my schedule has in store yet. Since I still have a fledgling system I won’t have anything to bring, but it’ll still be a good learning/social experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a reminder that there is no need to bring anything. It looks like we will have several corals that we will be fragging including Birdnest, several Montiporas, Chalice, and Milli

Been doing some homework in prep for the fragging workshop. Attached a couple articles from Reef Hobbyist Magazine: Planning for Success & LPS Fragging.

Attachments

• REEF HOBBYIST Fragging Guides - Planning for Success & LPS Fragging (optimized).pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 302
Reactions: JVU
I would like to attend. I'm very much a newbie and do not have anything to bring to frag- my stuff is still little babies lol! But want to learn more about fragging for down the road and become more involved with the club.

Actually I do have a leather and some polys that came with the tank that I could frag, what do you think? palys.jpgleather.jpg

There is absolutely no expectation that people need to bring coral to frag. I just put out the request so that if people have stuff they would’ve fragged anyway or would like help fragging, they can bring it. Lots of us have extra coral to bring to practice with and are happy to donate it to the educational cause.

I’ll also bring some more hunks of the purple photosynthetic sponge (kind of unique fragging/mounting) and probably some clumps of zoa/palys.

I have a half a square foot of xenia, but I'm sure no one wants them. I can donate the rock for fragging purposes if desired.
It would be great for the fragging/mounting experience. Lots of people like Xenia. Whatever people don’t take from the event you could put on the freebie table at the swap the next month for example.

Okay! I'll come. I'm sure we could probably get 20 or more frags. I have dry reef ruble, will frags be provided or should I bring the rubble. Should I also bring rubber bands?

Back