Neptune Aquatics

Cat converter stolen

Why do Prius get ripped off more than other cars? Or is it all cars? Do they straight resell the ripped off parts or is it for valuable scrap material?

What a bummer. Sorry man.

Why do Prius get ripped off more than other cars?

I was curious as well. Found this, "Hybrid cars, such as the Prius, are targeted by thieves because they have two power sources – an electric motor and a petrol or diesel engine – so their catalytic converters are used less frequently to process pollutants"

But now I wonder if less polluted equals greater return?

Why do Prius get ripped off more than other cars? Or is it all cars? Do they straight resell the ripped off parts or is it for valuable scrap material?

Cats in general, have precious metals in them; just like mining for gold from electronic circuit boards, there’s mining for catalytic converters but I believe this is an organized crime going after specific vehicles.
People have to make noise to have law enforcement step in; so far and if you are paying the coverage, would be a matter of insurance claim.
This has to be a federal offense imo, just as tampering with the emissions system is.

Cats in general, have precious metals in them; just like mining for gold from electronic circuit boards, there’s mining for catalytic converters but I believe this is an organized crime going after specific vehicles.
People have to make noise to have law enforcement step in; so far and if you are paying the coverage, would be a matter of insurance claim.
This has to be a federal offense imo, just as tampering with the emissions system is.

It use to be worst! When people were allowed to just sell them to any recycler. Once they put a stop to it, it was less of an issue.

It’s more targeted to get parts they need now. Or to get them readmissions.

We had a minivan that had it happen about 10 years ago. These guys would just hit up all the suvs on the block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back