Reef nutrition

CenCalReefs RSR170

Hey guys, decided to finally join the forum after meeting a couple members through selling and trading reef equipment and livestock. I’ll keep it simple with a list of equipment and goals. This rock and my fish have been with me since around November of 2019 when I decided to jump back into the hobby after an absence of 8-10years I started in high school with my buddy. The first tank during my jump back was a Mr. Aqua MA-610 roughly 24x24x12 super super thin glass. You could see the bow on all four side lol! I made a DIY stand and plumbing and sump. But I just couldn’t slee at night with the thin glass so I saved and bought the RSR170 regret not going bigger but I live on the second floor of an apartment where I think I’m not allowed to have a tank lol. Anyways here’s some pics and list of equipment and fish.

Red Sea Reefer 170 34Gallon Display 9Gallon Sump for a total of 43Gallons.

I think 20lbs dry rock¿ can’t remember

Two Kessil A160WE on Spectral Controller

Two MP10WQD

Two Ehiem 100watt Heaters

One Kessil H80

Reef Octo Classic 110S

Reef Octo Varios-2

Innovative Marine Aqua-gadget Desktop Media Reactor for Carbon

Apex Jr.

Three Neptune EB8 Energy Bars

Neptune Apex AFS

Neptune Apex ATK V2

Trigger Systems 5Gal ATO Reservoir

Neptune Apex WXM/FMM/VDM Modules

I think that is all, will be receiving and installing Ecotech Marine Radion G5 XR15 Pro on RMS Mount kinda want the Blue version though? I like new technology as it comes out which is why I purchased plus got an awesome deal on both brand new sealed. I’ve ran the Kessil at first for about a month or two then ran AI Hydra 26HD then a combination of Kessil’s, AI Hydra, and Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid and back to the kessil’s at the moment. Will probably use them along side the XR15 well see.

Fish List

Two Clownfish DaVinci Extreme and Snow Onyx

One Lawnmower Blenny

one Sixline Wrasse

Would love to add more small fish as the tank has been matured for close to a year now. I have swapped tanks once and made one move since starting so a lot of changes throughout the course.

This is the tank I started out with In November 2019 and the stand I DIY’d coated the inside sump area with layers and layers of Flex Seal lol holds water like a champ and hopefully keeps the wood from damages
5F0577D0-FA73-4791-B5D6-0D959CD92E83.jpeg
9B725E04-2964-4265-A93D-47B7AB33CD08.jpeg
At some point during the cycle of the tank I got impatient and bought a running system IM Nuvo10 attached an AI Prime 16HD and made it my “frag” tank lol
AF36B875-0296-4AA3-B81D-553129843B87.jpeg
B583CA0C-BBF2-4836-85B5-F12FC6B9C468.jpeg
I I am pretty sure this was one of the last pictures of the Mr. Aqua tank before I decided to get the RSR170
7086A784-8A5D-457C-8ABC-831ACBD44CA4.jpeg
This is the RSR170 hours after moving everything into the tank around midnight to 1am decided not to transfer the sand over and go Bare Bottom.
50A919A2-288D-4097-B2E0-D3A53B95C76B.jpeg
46F5DD3E-64A4-446E-9FA4-C38E3F582C76.jpeg
Not to worry the lemon peel angel fish was only in the sump for a short time span while I rehomed, I made a bad decision and bought him or her? After staring at it for an hour at the fish shop and deciding I could use an algae grazzer but quickly turned into a coral grazer should’ve seen it coming but you never know.
26086E0F-A085-4AF6-9162-F565EE0FB08A.jpeg
CE75F928-0DA5-4F15-BC79-F5C9530C62E0.jpeg
Not everything is pictured here but this was the start of my wiring nightmare/clean up decided to attach everything to the back of the cabinet verses inside to avoid humidity and clutter, in hindsight kind of hard to plug in and unplug new and old equipment lol but not the end of the world. Ordered flat style plugs to decrease the gap created against the wall to the same distance I have to provide due to the MP10 Dry side :) The Apple Airport is my solution to making my old Apex Jr WiFi compatible haha no need for new apex controllers
DFE84E53-8B51-4C99-8864-35723F563209.jpeg

Welcome! thats some nice cable management back there. It’s smart to keep that stuff out of the sump, it can get really humid. I had a RSR 170, it’s an awesome tan.

Welcome! thats some nice cable management back there. It’s smart to keep that stuff out of the sump, it can get really humid. I had a RSR 170, it’s an awesome tan.
I will get updated pictures of the cable management by the end of the month looks a lot better now, also my buddy and I are working on 3D printing holders for the power supply’s and cord management clips both modular for those who have more or less of a mess. I may upgrade like we all do but for now I think this will work tank wise lol. I’m looking into upgrading the sump to and advance Acrylics plug and play sump so I can run a real refugium.

My two concerns at the moment are getting my lighting right Incase I decide to dip back into SPS I’m ready and height of my rock work, I want to go taller to fill about 50-70% of the available space in height to hopefully achieve more surface area for growth of certain corals.

Back