Our mission

Chaeto Reactor

I was looking for something small. I don't have much room in stand where the sump is. How big is it? I only have 4" L x 13" D x 25" H to the right of my sump.

Phosban reactors with some cheap Amazon strip grow lights work well.

If you want a budget reactor. Just search for diy algae reactor.. its a really common setup.

I will say though. If/when I set up mine again, I'll probably use something to keep the lights slightly off the reactor itself. The heat from the leds can crack the reactor -- mine developed a hairline crack.

Phosban reactors with some cheap Amazon strip grow lights work well.

If you want a budget reactor. Just search for diy algae reactor.. its a really common setup.

I will say though. If/when I set up mine again, I'll probably use something to keep the lights slightly off the reactor itself. The heat from the leds can crack the reactor -- mine developed a hairline crack.

Check out my DIY: https://bareefers.org/forum/threads/kinetic-reefer-170.21015/page-4#post-306257

I kind of overbuilt it. This thing runs so cool it's almost a chiller ;)

You have an awesome set up! How long did it take you to plan and purchase parts. It really look tricked out.
Not too long. Just had to do some googling to find a company that would sell small pieces of metal at the right dimensions. If I were to do it differently, I would've gotten a slightly larger tube to make it easier to slip off of the reactor. Right now it's a tight fit.

How big is big haha
CEAB5E1B-32FB-4B7D-B359-53B62563A365.jpeg

Back