Jestersix

CHEERS Bar!!!

Sweet! How many did you get to hatch.

Also, out of curiosity, how much does it cost/week on food for one of these guys. I've heard of $50/80 per week...

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=3562.msg40718#msg40718 date=1208282290]
Sweet! How many did you get to hatch.

Also, out of curiosity, how much does it cost/week on food for one of these guys. I've heard of $50/80 per week...

[/quote]

So far I think I have 15 hatchlings and probably about 10 or so more ripe eggs. This is not counting the clutches of eggs building up in a cave in the main tank.

For feeding costs, its no where near that much. Especially now that we have figured out a goo regimine and ways to train them to eat frozen.

A cuttlefish from 0-1 month will eat 1-2 live mysids a day (maybe lil more nearing one month). So thats an average of 60 mysids a month for 1 cuttlefish. You can order 500 live mysids for 80 dollars. Depending on how well you can keep the mysids alive, they can last you for a while.

At about 1 month you can possibly have them trained on frozen mysids already which then bring the cost down. At about 2 months, you will need something larger like shore shrimp. 65 dollars for 500 live. This one batch will get them large enough to eat bait shrimp. Once your at that level, its smooth sailing from then on. No more live expensive food.

[quote author=alve link=topic=3562.msg40720#msg40720 date=1208282346]
Cool! How big is that glass? A shot glass? Just wondering how big (small) those guys are.
[/quote]

Its a normal glass..about 7 "s tall. They are about 1/4-1/2"

Hmm, doesn't sound too bad. How big are they once they hit the frozen food stage at 3 months?

I read that they can be taught to eat frozen sooner at the 1-1.5 month mark?

Back