got ethical husbandry?

Chloramine filtration

Three and pretty sure they aren't standard - I know that because of the wrench issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought 3 new canisters from BRS for $16.00 each. En route. With two carbon blocks and a sediment filter ;-)
The three current ones are not standard size demonstrated by Wrench, leak, and one of the current canisters has one of the ridges busted. In short, up for replacement.

We have the bracket up, just needs a swap out.

L

Lawrence,

I had similar questions recently and we addressed some of these issues on another thread you may find useful:
http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/chloramine-ro-di.20725/

My take-away from that and other research was that lots of people are successfully using either 2 10" carbon filters (at least 1 of which is rated for chloramine), or a 20" chloramine monster, often with another carbon filter. I went with 2 10" filters because it fit better with my system and space. I felt the monster was more than I needed (it is marketed toward commerical use) but I have no doubt it would also work well.

John

Lawrence,

I had similar questions recently and we addressed some of these issues on another thread you may find useful:
http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/chloramine-ro-di.20725/

My take-away from that and other research was that lots of people are successfully using either 2 10" carbon filters (at least 1 of which is rated for chloramine), or a 20" chloramine monster, often with another carbon filter. I went with 2 10" filters because it fit better with my system and space. I felt the monster was more than I needed (it is marketed toward commerical use) but I have no doubt it would also work well.

John
Thanks for the link. Hopefully 2 10" carbon blocks (plus sediment filter) should do the trick. Will find out soon enough when everything shows up -hopefully Friday.

I started of with 4 stage Sediment, Carbon, Membrane, DI. Then I added another canister for dual DI. Then after this thread, I added another Carbon. And switched both carbons to the chloramine specific ones. Never tested for chloramines, but not too expensive as an extra safeguard.

I started of with 4 stage Sediment, Carbon, Membrane, DI. Then I added another canister for dual DI. Then after this thread, I added another Carbon. And switched both carbons to the chloramine specific ones. Never tested for chloramines, but not too expensive as an extra safeguard.
If you are in the east bay (EDMUD) there is only chloramines no chlorine since 2005 or something like that when I talked with them on the phone.

Back