Neptune Aquatics

Chromis’s 90g Acropora tank

Zero fish pathogens? Does that mean you have successfully quarantined the ich and everything else away, or something else? Nice diversity! Now I am tempted to send mine in.
I’m not sure what it means. A good reason to have someone from Microbiometrics give a talk to our club. I didn’t quarantine my fish, but have not seen ich on them either. Since most of my fish came from LFS, or the non-divers den live aquaria, I would guess ich was introduced at some point, and I don’t know if a negative test means no ich or just very low levels. I don’t know if ich can “fade away” if your fish haven’t had an active outbreak for a few years.

Some random photos:

CB Maleficent
80E47B20-BE82-4F4E-9526-7B14189D4900.jpeg

A Neptune mystery acro. Given how the new branch looks and it’s coloring, I’m thinking it’s a microclados, maybe a variation of a strawberry shortcake.
1A74708A-F42D-47B7-AD71-869D0CDE15AD.jpeg

Tony’s Cookie Monster/ARC fireworks. I couldn’t capture the blueness. In comparison with Oregon tort, Oregon tort looks more teal and Cookie Monster is more royal blue.
9B2F3DA2-9712-4DA9-A74F-88772659C7A9.jpeg

I mean they listed baterical pathogetns (which all show as 0) but they did not list ich or brook or uronema.
I believe those would be the result of the eDNA testing from aqua biomics. It looks like chromis has the bacteria test done.

BC Bubblebath unicorn - has been SLOWly encrusting for the past year.
View attachment 26682
Was the bubble bath from the BC group buy? The encrusting edge has a cool blue hue!

I mean they listed baterical pathogetns (which all show as 0) but they did not list ich or brook or uronema.
Yea those weren’t in the microbe report. It would be useful to test for uronema in a tank full of chromis since they are so susceptible. I just did some googling and they do have a fish disease test in beta:

Attachments

• 367F33A5-77F8-488A-BBC9-6BBF57834E7A.jpeg
    367F33A5-77F8-488A-BBC9-6BBF57834E7A.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 111
Yea those weren’t in the microbe report. It would be useful to test for uronema in a tank full of chromis since they are so susceptible. I just did some googling and they do have a fish disease test in beta:
Tried going to that url but its no longer working.

What I find interesting is that they list those parasite for their reef rubble. They say the reef rubble is tested using DNA sequence matching to identify these parasites. But this is not offered in their Microbiome testing.

Tried going to that url but its no longer working.

What I find interesting is that they list those parasite for their reef rubble. They say the reef rubble is tested using DNA sequence matching to identify these parasites. But this is not offered in their Microbiome testing.
Hmm I see the conflict there. I sent an email to Aquabiomics asking if they happened to run the eDNA on my tank sample but haven’t heard back.

Hmm I see the conflict there. I sent an email to Aquabiomics asking if they happened to run the eDNA on my tank sample but haven’t heard back.

I got tests during the last batch (May 15th) and they included fish and coral parasite sections.

Few photo updates. Top: my tricolor rainbow chalice. I’m getting anxious about fragging it soon. Bottom: CB Rainbow Bahama Mama chalice. I put these in the same photo to compare the purple coloration.
A93ADDFF-C7CB-494F-9094-F0D49BB7612E.jpeg

It took almost a year and a half to grow out that CB chalice from a single eye. I’m almost over buying nubs knowing how long they take to grow to a decent size... anyway, now that it’s bigger you can see the center eyes turn bright green.
7C9031D9-81F2-4F25-ACC8-6036BC5040FE.jpeg

Back to acro photos! RR Dragonite - it’s sort of a translucent orange smoothskin. It’s growing underneath a Vivid Confetti.
201A1370-B771-4742-AF94-8192A16C1D19.jpeg

If you thought above was a blues with orange filter, it’s not! This next one is :)
5BB6908D-F2DA-47DB-A699-9E7D2C8DF7C1.jpeg

Here are white & blue/orange filter photos of RR Carolina Reaper. It’s like a unique colored Bali shortcake. It has more of a rusty copper base with some dark green in it. After I took these photos I noticed a pile of detritus forming on the coral, this has been happening to other acros in my tank and I think I need to increase my power head flow to help clear things out.

A6E30595-F8B6-4ABC-845A-E02A725B9E0C.jpeg

Under blues:

1D591F94-4FAC-4B2D-86A8-DFBC8A506A93.jpeg

Back