High Tide Aquatics

Co2 refill

Mine ran out a little while back, I was kind of in a hurry to replace and found one for sale at a local hydroponics shop. They only had 20lb tanks, so I’m good for a while now...

Mine ran out a little while back, I was kind of in a hurry to replace and found one for sale at a local hydroponics shop. They only had 20lb tanks, so I’m good for a while now...
Thank you.
In the past I used to buy refills from Rasa hydroponics. But am not sure they are back to work.

Thanks again

An update,
I went to airgas today and they told me they have shortage state wide on co2 cause one of the 2 factories they deal with is shut due to covid. Only if you are a customer with an account, you can buy one canister.
I ended up stopping by Neptune to shop for coral and to my suprise they have started carrying co2 canisters and do exchange as well. So I exchanged my empty canister and purchased a 2nd one for good measure.

Last edited:
An update,
I went to airgas today and they told me they have shortage state wide on co2 cause one of the 2 factories they deal with is shut due to covid. Only if you are a customer with an account, you can buy one canister.
I ended up stopping by Neptune to shop for coral and to my suprise they have started carrying co2 canisters and do exchange as well. So I exchanged my empty canister and purchased a 2nd one for good measure.

They got everything! [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just did a 5lb aluminum tank exchange at Hoptech Homebrewing Supplies yesterday for $28.
On 4/6/20 Airgas in San Francisco charged me a total $75.09 to swap out an empty 10lbs CO2 tank . Really expensive. Where is the location of Homebrewing Supplies and their phone number? Thanks ahead for giving me any information you have for CO2 tank exchange. Is this the store located in 6398 Dougherty Rd. Dublin, Ca? Might be worth a try even with time, gas, and bridge toll from San Francisco.

Last edited:
On 4/6/20 Airgas in San Francisco charged me a total $75.09 to swap out an empty 10lbs CO2 tank . Really expensive. Where is the location of Homebrewing Supplies and their phone number? Thanks ahead for giving me any information you have for CO2 tank exchange. Is this the store located in 6398 Dougherty Rd. Dublin, Ca? Might be worth a try even with time, gas, and bridge toll from San Francisco.
The store I got from is my LFS neptune aquatics in san Jose.
Airgas did not have as I described in my earlier post.

yes the homebrew store that @RandyC uses is the Dublin location.

Damn all this talk of CO2 making me start to think calcium reactor considering I'm dosing about 2.5 gallons of kalkwasser a day, although that's a major investment in money maybe I'll just break out some buckets and do 2 part dosing.

Back